Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenosha County deputy killed overnight (WI)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenosha County deputy killed overnight (WI)

A Kenosha County Sheriff's deputy died after being shot while conducting a traffic stop in the Town of Somers overnight.

A suspect was captured about three hours after last night's shooting and remains in custody today.

According to the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department:

The deputy, whose identity has not yet been released, stopped a red 1995 Chevy Astro van for a traffic violation in a subdivision just south of Highway E and east of Highway 31 when he was shot about 11:37 p.m.

A backup officer arrived and called in that the deputy was down.

The deputy was rushed to an area hospital, where he died.

After the shooting, the suspect's vehicle remained at the scene and he was believed to have fled on foot.

Kenosha County deputies and other law enforcement agencies searched the area with the help of two police helicopters and numerous K-9 officers.

Residents were asked to secure their homes and remain indoors during the search.

The suspect was captured about 2:35 a.m. about 15 blocks east of the scene.

The department will release more information during a news conference scheduled for later this morning.

The deputy's death came less than a day after the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department, Kenosha police and Pleasant Prairie police held their annual Law Enforcement Memorial Ceremony to honor those law enforcement personnel who have given their lives in the line of duty.

May 13 to 19 is National Police Week this year.

RIP Brother, you will be in our thoughts and prayers
    We remember the officers who we never really knew,
    Persons strong enough to answer the challenge are few,
    With heavy hearts we mourn the officers in eternal rest,
    There's more to these people than the badge on their chest.

It's a sad day. I work for Milwaukee County and heard this on the radio this morning. It's shocking when things like this hit so close to home. He and his family are in my prayers.
    "Damn, Officer, you're strict as hell. Were you in da' Marines or something?"
    "No, parochial school"

Comment

...and during National Police week too RIP brother
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Sad day for our Department. He had many honors and a purple from a prior incident from many years ago.It is always hard to hear when it happens to any department, but even harder when it is yours.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...l=chi-news-hed
        Last edited by 1426; 05-17-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I attended the state LE memorial held at the WI State Capitol today, and deputy Fabiano's name was mentioned several times. I am originally from Kenosha, so a death in the Sheriff's department hit close to home.

What a terrible loss, for the family, for the department, for the community. I had the pleasure of spending some time with a few KCSD deputies and they're a great bunch.

When my cousin, a Pleasant Prairie PO passed away (The Village of Pleasant Praire is in Kenosha County), the entire Pleasant Prairie force attended his funeral. This literally woulnd't have been possible if the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department hadn't stepped up and provided deputies to cover the entire village of Pleasant Prairie, taking all the calls that came in. I think this accurately reinforces the kind of department the Kenosha Sheriff's is and demonstrates their sense of devotion. Deputy Fabiano exhibited these same qualities.

The loss of this deputy is immense. It hurts me as I know it does many of you. Keep them in your prayers, and let us always remember.

God bless...

Sincerely, John Sinclair

Comment

rip Brother! We'll Take The Watch From Here.
            "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Update on this... Deputy Fabiano will be featured on AMERICA'S MOST WANTED this Saturday for officers killed in action.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5231 users online. 286 members and 4945 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X