300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing SC Constable

Everyone keep this Constable in your prayers......

LINCOLNVILLE, S.C.--Law enforcement agencies from Charleston County and other surrounding departments are searching for a State Constable who went missing after a traffic stop in Lincolnville on Monday night.

Charleston County Sheriff Al Cannon tells Live 5 News that the Constable, 66-year-old Robert Bailey, stopped a car around 10:20 p.m. Monday night on West Smith Street.

Shortly after finishing that stop, people living in the area reported what they thought were gunshots.

After several 911 calls, police officers responding to the area found pieces of a Constable's uniform on Greenwood Road, shell casings, two handguns and blood not far from there the officer's vehicle stop had taken place.

The officer and his vehicle were gone when officers arrived. While officers were on scene at Greenwood Road, a report of a vehicle fire was reported at the Faith Christian Church on Farmington Drive in Summerville.

When firefighters arrived, they found the Constable's Lincolnville patrol car fully engulfed in flames, but no one in the car.

Charleston County Sheriff Deputies do have several leads and are looking for a black or blue older model Chevrolet sedan which was seen in the area where the Constable made the traffic stop.

Police are looking for 24-year-old Walter Fayall.

Right now, he's being called a person of interest in the case. If you have any information on the missing constable, call Crime Stoppers at 554-1111 or call 9-1-1 right away.
    DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Oh no! Let's pray they find the Constable alive and well soon
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

This is a very disturbing story.
      I pray that he is alright.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

WOW, I've never heard of a story like this. i pray for his family. Man, what an ordeal.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Hopes and prayers.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

My hopes and prayers are with this constable, his family and friends.

God speed finding him.
            If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

I'm speechless...this is too scary to even wonder about.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

this doesn't look good- pray that a quick resolution of this inv. comes about- read this just after returning to station to file a PIR(crime rpt). had just completed a "ped" stop in a rundown neighborhood near the border of the city and the city of Inglewood( in an out of the way alley-no doubt) thinking about the potential for being ambushed or overwhelmed during the inv of the suspect-both on probation-narcotic- made me happy to casll another unit.what ever you guys do out there-keep your eyes OPEN and ask for a back up unit ,any time you need................
                "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

My prayers are with him and his family.
                  FYI this reminds me of a LE teletype I recently read. I believe it was in Baltimore.. A sector car pulls up on 3 subjects who (committed or were in the process of committing a crime), a foot pursuit ensues. The cop finds himself in a desolate area and is flanked by 2 of the 3 Perps. They attack him and try to steal his gun. He is beaten and stabbed but fights for his life on the street and is able to survive. To make a long story short, the bad guys get away, the good guy is in the hospital. What we need to recognize here is a new trend because this is not the first time we've read about something like this in recent times. These Perps get a masters degree in criminality through repeated incarceration. They stay physically fit through hours of working out within the correctional system. They sit down with other career criminals and strategize about how to violate society, and remain uncaptured. And if a capture is imminent, how to evade BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. They rely on the fact that they KNOW we will pursue them into the darkest alley, the most derelict of buildings, that seems to be a place where they will try to draw us to. We need to be tactical, alert but also PATIENT. As cops we need to react in a milisecond, but we need to train ourselves to make better assesments, consider our resources and take all factors into account. I certainlydon't have all the answeres, and I don't mean to sound like I'm second guessing any decisions that another cop makes, but I think that we really need to take a look at new crimes, gangs, and new methods that these Perps use in commission and escape. Be safe out there.

Comment

I hope and pray he's OK! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
                    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

The person of "interest" (love the PC) (not really) was taken in custody in NC and is now heading to SC.

Just an update for Ya'll
                      If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

Rest in Peace Constable, prayers are with your family.
                        DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

It is bad enough when someone is a fallen officer, but... you can work on closing the horrible event. But when someone is missing, you never get that peace.
                          God be with him where ever he is. Prayers for him, his family, friends, and co workers.

Comment

Prayers to him, family, friends, community and department...
                            The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by irishcop364 View Post
                              My prayers are with him and his family.
                              FYI this reminds me of a LE teletype I recently read. I believe it was in Baltimore.. A sector car pulls up on 3 subjects who (committed or were in the process of committing a crime), a foot pursuit ensues. The cop finds himself in a desolate area and is flanked by 2 of the 3 Perps. They attack him and try to steal his gun. He is beaten and stabbed but fights for his life on the street and is able to survive. To make a long story short, the bad guys get away, the good guy is in the hospital. What we need to recognize here is a new trend because this is not the first time we've read about something like this in recent times. These Perps get a masters degree in criminality through repeated incarceration. They stay physically fit through hours of working out within the correctional system. They sit down with other career criminals and strategize about how to violate society, and remain uncaptured. And if a capture is imminent, how to evade BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. They rely on the fact that they KNOW we will pursue them into the darkest alley, the most derelict of buildings, that seems to be a place where they will try to draw us to. We need to be tactical, alert but also PATIENT. As cops we need to react in a milisecond, but we need to train ourselves to make better assesments, consider our resources and take all factors into account. I certainlydon't have all the answeres, and I don't mean to sound like I'm second guessing any decisions that another cop makes, but I think that we really need to take a look at new crimes, gangs, and new methods that these Perps use in commission and escape. Be safe out there.

Thats a very progressive statement irishcop and I hope new policies are implemented along those lines to adapt to the everchanging crimminal enviorment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4892 users online. 293 members and 4599 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X