• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Trooper Murdered

New York State Trooper Is Shot Dead

NY Times

By LAURA CRAVEN
    July 10, 2017

A New York State Police trooper was killed while responding to a domestic dispute involving an Army soldier in Theresa, N.Y., on Sunday night, the police said. The soldier’s wife was also killed, the police said.

The trooper, Joel R. Davis, 36, was shot as he approached the soldier’s residence, according to a statement from the state police. The soldier, Justin D. Walters, 32, an active duty infantryman who is stationed at Fort Drum, was arrested.

His wife, Nichole V. Walters, 27, was found dead at the scene, the police said.

“The entire New York family grieves today for Trooper Joel Davis,” Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said in a statement Monday morning. “Trooper Davis served as a member of the New York State Police for four years, and his death is yet another sad reminder of the risks law enforcement officers face each day.”

Trooper Davis was the second law enforcement officer to be killed in New York State in five days. Officer Miosotis Familia of the New York City Police was shot in the Bronx on Wednesday.

Trooper Davis, of Evans Mills, N.Y., is survived by his wife and three children, the police said.

Trooper Joel Davis was shot and killed in Theresa, New York, while responding to a domestic disturbance and shots fired...
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

RIP, tragic

Comment

I deal with domestics involving soliders every day, this is a tragic reminder of worst case scenario.
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11844 users online. 502 members and 11342 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X