300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greene County (NY) Sheriffs Deputy killed in 1 car accident

ASHLAND, N.Y. (NEWS10) – New York State Police say they are investigating a deadly crash involving a Greene County Sheriff’s deputy in Ashland.

Police say the officer, identified as Kevin Haverly, 26, went off the road in a marked police car at around 6 a.m. and struck a telephone pole. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Crews on scene say he was ejected from his cruiser.

No word on what caused the single car crash.

A stretch of NY-23 is closed in both directions near the Windham town line.

Police say drugs and alcohol are not believed to be a factor in the crash.

Utility crews are making repairs to the utility pole that Haverly crashed into.

Haverly leaves behind a wife and young children.

“Obviously it’s a very difficult situation and time for all law enforcement and any comments regarding the officer himself I’ll leave to the Greene County Sheriff,” New York State Police Lt. Peter Cirigliano said.

A section of Route 23 was closed for most of the day and has since been reopened.

There was an emotional scene at St. Peters Hospital where Haverly’s body was brought earlier Tuesday.

A large police presence gathered at the hospital to pay their respects.

A statement from CBA where deputy Haverly graduated in 2008 reads, “Kevin was a kind friendly student who graduated from CBA with a deep sense of service to others and committed his professional life to helping others as a sheriff’s deputy. Our prayers are with Kevin’s wife and children, his family, his friends, and the Greene County community bravely and loyally served.”
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Heard about it this morning. Sad

Comment

RIP brother.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11603 users online. 472 members and 11131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X