Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS DEC Officer shot investigating a poaching complaint

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york...legal-hunting/

GALLATIN, N.Y. -- Authorities say a New York state environmental conservation officer is hospitalized with a gunshot wound after being shot while investigating reports of illegal hunting.

State police say two Department of Environmental Conservation enforcement officers were checking out reports of trespassing with shots fired around 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Columbia County town of Gallatin, 40 miles southeast of Albany.

Troopers say Officer James Davey was walking in a corn field when he was hit in the pelvis area by a bullet fired from the rifle of a hunter, 54-year-old Alan Blanchard of Gallatin. Officials say they believe the shooting was accidental, but was caused by Blanchard’s reckless conduct, reports the Poughkeepsie Journal.

Davey underwent surgery at MidHudson Regional Hospital and is listed in stable condition.

Blanchard was charged Tuesday night with assault. He was being held Wednesday in county jail without bail. It couldn’t be determined if Blanchard has a lawyer.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Unbelievable. How do you "accidently" shoot an individual walking through an open field, not to mention hunting on land you shouldn't? I hope he does prison time

Comment

Should be fertilizing the corn...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6034 users online. 213 members and 5821 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X