300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY State Trooper struck by vehicle in Wilton

WILTON, NY (NEWS10) – Around 6am Wednesday morning, a State Trooper was hit by a car on Ballard Road in Wilton.

The troop commander says Trooper Timothy Pratt was crossing the road to assist the driver a tractor trailer parked in the median when he was struck by a silver SUV.

State police say Pratt was helping the driver of the tractor trailer to cross to the side of the road. When Pratt approached the tractor trailer an SUV driving on the road hit him.

Pratt was taken to Saratoga hospital where he is in very serious condition. Officials say Pratt has been stabilized, but will likely be taken to Albany Med soon.

Pratt is a 30-year veteran at the Wilton Barracks. Pratt’s coworkers describe him as a beloved member of the community who was always first to volunteer for police-involved community events.

Part of the road near Traver Road and Northern Pines Road is closed off for accident reconstruction, which officials say could take several hours. State police say the driver of the SUV is cooperating.

That’s right off of Exit 16 on the Northway and State Police are advising drivers to avoid the area.

Flags are currently at half staff at the trooper barracks.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Tpr. Timothy Pratt.
    EOW: October 26, 2016
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Rest in peace

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

RIP Brother
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

Comment

My condolences to the family of Trooper Pratt, along with his fellow law enforcement family and his friends.

Comment

Rest In Peace

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7634 users online. 435 members and 7199 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X