300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP Officer Down

Officer David Romero, 47, was stopped at a red light in City of Industry when he was rear-ended by a car that then collided with another vehicle. The crash occurred shortly before 10 a.m. at Turnbull Canyon Road and Valley Boulevard.

My prayers are with his family and brothers in LE.
    Last edited by pkagel; 09-27-2005, 12:52 PM.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

The adam henry wasn't on a cell phone. He is suspected of being on either alcohol or drugs. I knew Dave very well. He was a 23yr veteran and 20yrs on the motor. He worked out of Santa Fe Springs Station which is in the eastern part of L.A. County. I worked LASD at Walnut station, the eastern most station.

Due to our deputies being tied up on the fwy on accidents while waiting for their response to handle (sometimes over an hour) the 2 Captains worked out a deal were the CHP officers who covered our area met at our station for their briefings. They were given lockers and gassed up their vehicles there.

I met Dave there and we got to talking about our families. Well, small world. His daughter and my daughter were best friends. His son and daughter lived with his ex wife, who was my neighbor. My daughter used to stay overnight at his house when his daughter stayed there, went on trips with them and played on his softball team. Tho he was not a close friend, we had a good relationship and he had been at my house many times.

Per a Sgt. I spoke to at Industry station where it occurred, he referred to the suspectc as a meth head. Now, I'm not sure if he was using that or alcohol, but tests will show which. Some officers came to the ex's home to pick up the kids and take them to USC medical center, where he had been airlifted by a Sheriff's Dept. chopper. Per the same Sgt., he was basically dead on impact. He was also run over by a car in the intersection after being hit by the adam henry. The ex told us she was advised the suspect hit another car and that man died also. Not really sure if that is accurate.

He has 2 kids by his ex, our neighbor, 2 step kids from his present wife and a 7 yr old son from the new marriage.

A very tragic situation all the way anyway you look at it. We are all going to miss Dave and it really ****es me off.

Comment

I met Dave when I worked in East LA years ago.

My thoughts, prayers, and condolences to his friends, coworkers, and family.
        Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

Thanks for the support. Dave was a good friend of my partner. He won't speak to me about it. I got the song "One of Us" by Joan Osborne playing it is sending chills all over. It is making me understand my partner's sadness.

Comment

My deepest condolences to Dave's family, friends and co-workers.

The world is a lesser place without him protecting us.

God bless.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4437 users online. 230 members and 4207 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X