300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dekalb GA officer shot 5 times

It sounds like the scumbag ambushed the officer, but bit off far more than he could chew. Lamb took five and still managed to put the loser to sleep.

I hope that he's able to recover swiftly, and thank him for shutting this maniac down.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...fter-de/nmxbc/

DeKalb cop shot 5 times; suspect killed in shootout identified

A DeKalb County police officer was shot five times Sunday morning before returning fire and killing his assailant at a Stone Mountain apartment complex, officials said.

The officer, 43-year-old Chester Lamb, was in “serious but stable” condition following the incident.

DeKalb County Interim Police Chief James Conroy told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that, just after 2 a.m., officers responded to several 911 calls reporting a man shooting into a building at the Marquis Pointe apartments. The alleged shooter was gone by the time officers arrived at the complex on Stone Mill Cove, but they did find “several apartments damaged by gunfire.”

Police returned to the complex around 3:20 a.m. after another 911 call, Conroy said, this one from a woman reporting that “the shooter was back and banging on her door.”

Authorities have not confirmed it was the same man from previous calls, but Conroy said a suspect “came out shooting” at officers responding to the apartment complex.

One officer — identified as Lamb, a seven-year veteran of the department — was hit multiple times, police said. Lamb was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in “serious but stable” condition, Conroy said, but not before returning fire at the suspect.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Sherry Lang, whose agency has taken over the investigation, identified the suspect as Frederick Farmer, a man in his 20s. Farmer was “struck more than one time” and pronounced dead at the scene, Lang said.

Per department policy, both officers involved in the incident have been placed on administrative leave. The second officer at the scene was not injured and did not discharge his firearm, Conroy said.

“The GBI will conduct a thorough investigation to determine what occurred,” Lang said. “When the investigation is complete it will be turned over to the (district attorney) for any action he deems appropriate.”

The DeKalb County shooting is the third use-of-force incident being investigated by the GBI in metro Atlanta this weekend. The agency is also investigating a Gwinnett case where a man died following an “altercation” with police officers, as well as a Newton County case where two men were shot after a gun was allegedly pointed at deputies during a traffic stop.

I wish Officer Lamb a speedy and full recovery.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

He appears to be on his way to recovery, thank God.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...artment/nmyDw/
      The DeKalb County police officer shot multiple times during a shootout at a Stone Mountain apartment complex is awake and in pain, but in good spirits, according to a department spokesperson.

Police responded to the Marquis Pointe apartments early Sunday morning for reports of shots fired. They eventually encountered a man in his 20s later identified as Frederick Farmer. A woman who identified herself as Farmer’s girlfriend gave us a photo of Farmer. Police say when officers approached Farmer, he fired at them. Officers returned fire, killing him.

“It just feels like once I walk out of my door there it is there's another incident closer to home,” said Erica Chatman, who lives in the area.

"It's very sad the young community is just dying rapidly,” said neighbor Darrel Johnson.

Officer Chester Lamb was shot five times. He’s recovering at Grady Memorial Hospital.

“I hope he's OK and he's all up in my prayers,” Chatman said.

Sunday, resident Tiffanie Ramie told Channel 2 Action News she was packing and planning to move out because of the incident.

“I don’t know but I’m not staying, this is too close for me,” Ramie said.

"We need the police but we are afraid of the police. How do you call the people to protect you that may harm you at the same time,” said neighbor Ajani Sekou.

"It's sad my kids don't even come outside because they are scared. Really scared,” said neighbor Darrel Johnson. "My oldest son will not walk to the store unless I'm right there next to him or he won't walk at all."

An autopsy on Farmer’s body was completed Monday and results are being forwarded to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, which is now handling the investigation.
      Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
      “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
      “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
      "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
      ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Dear Lord put your hand on officer Lamb, help him heal fully in both body and mind, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, amen.
        "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for the officers speedy recovery.
          Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

God bless you Officer Lamb.

Comment

Does anyone have an update as to how Officer Lamb is doing? I haven't been able to track down any current info.

Comment

In addition to a status check, I have 2 questions:

1. Where is the rev and his cohorts with their outrage?
                2. Why no #blacklivesmatter hubbub?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6049 users online. 213 members and 5836 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X