X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trooper David Kedra-PA State Police

http://6abc.com/news/state-trooper-i...-range/331225/

CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (WPVI) --
    A Pennsylvania state police officer who was fatally wounded in an accidental shooting at a Conshohocken firing range has been identified.

The trooper is identified as 26-year-old David Kedra.

"It's with an extremely heavy heart and deep sorrow that I announce the tragic death of Trooper David Kedra of Troop K, Skippack station," State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan said in a statement Tuesday night.

According to Noonan, Trooper Kedra was shot in the chest during a training exercise at the Montgomery County Public Safety Training Complex on the 1100 block of Conshohocken Road around 4:45 p.m.

The trooper was flown to Temple University Hospital where he died from his injuries.

Montgomery County's website states that the safety campus provides classrooms, training and other support facilities for the Fire Academy, Emergency Medical Services Training Institute, Law Enforcement division, Hazardous Materials Response Team and the Sheriff's Department Bomb Disposal Unit.

Kedra had been a member of the Pennsylvania State Police since June 18, 2012.

"He died serving the people of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the men and women of the Pennsylvania State Police mourn his loss and extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends," Noonan said.

The incident is being investigated jointly by the Pennsylvania State Police and the Montgomery County District Attorney's office.
    This has just been a terrible month for the PSP.

I knew Trooper Kedra. Prayers out to his family tonight. RIP, Sir.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

----Sad-----
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I am very sorry for your loss. I hope the procedures that led to this are immediately addressed at the training facility.

RIP Trooper Kendra

Comment

I hate to hear Officers die, especially when it could of have been prevented. RIP Trooper Kedra.

Comment

Really sad. Isn't this the second or third case within the past month of an officer down in Pennsylvania?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6100 users online. 325 members and 5775 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X