300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP honors a fallen brother

On July 13, 1996, Officer Burt stopped a motorist for a traffic violation in the city of Fullerton and discovered the man’s license was suspended; he then attempted to impound the man’s vehicle.

Officer Burt requested a tow truck and started inventorying the vehicle’s contents when the driver exited the car, began a physical confrontation with the officer, then pulled a 9mm pistol and opened fire.

Officer Burt was shot six times, but his safety vest prevented fatal wounds.

Officer Burt was lying on his back on the ground when the gunman walked up and fired a seventh time to Officer Burt’s head, killing him instantly.

Officer Burt, 25 years-old, had been a CHP officer for 15 months. When he graduated from the Academy in April 1995, his father Sergeant Don R. Burt (6889) had pinned on his badge.

Officer Burt’s killer fled from the scene in Officer Burt’s patrol vehicle, but was apprehended two days later in Texas and extradited to California.

The killer was subsequently convicted of murder and sentenced to death.
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2170 users online. 111 members and 2059 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X