Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Officer Dies in Traffic Collision

3rd one in 2 months. Tragic...

HARBOR CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- One LAPD officer has died and a second officer is in critical but stable condition after a hit-and-run crash in Harbor City.

In a news conference, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck identified the deceased officer as Roberto Sanchez. Sanchez was driving the police cruiser. He was taken to Harbor UCLA Medical Center in critical condition following the crash.

Sanchez served with the Harbor Division for about six years. He is survived by his wife.

The officer riding in the passenger seat of the cruiser has not been identified. Beck said he suffered serious injuries, including a broken jaw. Beck said the officer was not only Sanchez's partner, but his best friend.

The accident happened at 3:45 a.m. near Anaheim Street and President Avenue. Police said the officers were following a speeding driver. As the officers made a U-turn, they were T-boned by a Chevrolet Tahoe. Police said the SUV may have been travelling eastbound in the westbound lanes of Anaheim Street.

The officers were on a routine patrol at the time of the crash. The damage was so severe that firefighters had to extricate the officers from the wreckage. The center console where the police radio is located was so badly damaged that the officer in the passenger seat had to use his cellphone to call for help.

The driver of the SUV was arrested after fleeing the scene.

"We were able to locate him nearby and take him into custody," said LAPD Lt. John Pasquariello. "He is currently at a local hospital as well. There is a possibility that drugs or alcohol were a factor, but we haven't determined that as of yet."

An investigation into the crash is ongoing.

This is the third deadly accident involving the LAPD in recent weeks. Officer Nick Lee was killed on-duty when a truck slammed into his cruiser in Beverly Hills. A few weeks later, Officer Chris Cortijo was killed on-duty when he was rear-ended by an alleged drunk driver as he sat on his motorcycle at a stop light in Sun Valley.

Beck said LAPD Officer George Nagata also died Friday night of a heart condition. He was a 35-year veteran of the force.

(Copyright ©2014 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=9525783

Turns out it wasn't an accident...vehicle (Tahoe) rammed the black and white when they went to chase the camaro.
    "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

Yes. I work at the Division Officer Sanchez is from and knew him personally, everything points to intentional

Comment

Condolences to LAPD and Officer Sanchez' family.

The death penalty would be nice for the suspect if it is proven to be intentional...
        My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6542 users online. 365 members and 6177 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X