Nassau County NY Police Officer Shot and Killed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nassau County NY Police Officer Shot and Killed

A Nassau County Emergency Services Police Officer was shot and killed today while trying to pull over and hit and run driver.

RIP officer. Two officers in two weeks.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...-queens-border
    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Rest in peace brother. A horrible week for the department.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...shot-1.4144005
    Last edited by LINY; 10-23-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

My condolences again... RIP Officers.
      sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
      I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

rest in peace

Comment

Rest in Peace Officer Lopez.

Comment

A bad week for Nassau Co. PD.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Artie was an amazing cop and an amazing person in general. I had the pleasure of meeting him on many occasions.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                Artie was an amazing cop and an amazing person in general. I had the pleasure of meeting him on many occasions.

RIP
                I did not have the pleasure of knowing him, but here's hoping that his death will not be in vain, and that others who aren't wearing their vests will start wearing them.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/21489-po...r-arthur-lopez

Comment

RIP, Police Officer Arthur Lopez. The NCPD and NYPD mourn the loss of our brother. Fidelis Ad Mortem. LINY, please reach out to your deparment for the funeral arrangements and advise asap. I am putting a detail together with the CTTF. Post it here or go to www.cttfauxiliary.com and post it there. Thank you in advance. WEAR YOUR VESTS!!!! STAY SAFE.

Comment

Just an FYI, Officer Lopez's handcuffs are on the scumbag

Comment

It's too bad that a round from Officer Lopez's gun wasn't in the savage. My question is , where is the Rev. Al Sharpton? Where is the "Action Network"? What about the perp? A misguided, misunderstood youth? No high school photo? NO, NOTHING THIS TIME? AWW, THE POOR SAVAGE. THIS GUY IS THE EXACT REASON WHY THE DEATH PENALTY IS NEEDED IN NYS. Now he gets to enjoy the rest of his life in a cage on our dime. DISGUSTING!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. THE CUFFS SHOULD STAY ON FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. LEAVE THEM ON AND NEVER, EVER TAKE THEM OFF. SCREW THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE.

Comment

Originally posted by Green/CTTF View Post
                        RIP, Police Officer Arthur Lopez. The NCPD and NYPD mourn the loss of our brother. Fidelis Ad Mortem. LINY, please reach out to your deparment for the funeral arrangements and advise asap. I am putting a detail together with the CTTF. Post it here or go to www.cttfauxiliary.com and post it there. Thank you in advance. WEAR YOUR VESTS!!!! STAY SAFE.
                        I will do so. I will also be in attendance for the funeral. As soon as I get arrangements I will post them here as well as your website.
                        Last edited by LINY; 10-24-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Funeral details on the death of Police Officer Arthur Lopez, who was killed in the Line of Duty on October 23, 2012, are as follows:

Members may pay their respects at the Merrick Fire Department, Empire Hose Company No.3, 2300 Merrick Avenue, Merrick, New York, on the following dates and times:

Thursday, October 25, 2012 1900 – 2100

Friday, October 26, 2012 1400 – 1600, 1900 – 2100

Services:
                          Departmental Police Benevolent Association Services shall be held on Friday, October 26, 2012, at 2000 hours, at the Merrick Fire Department, Empire Hose Company No.3, 2300 Merrick Avenue, Merrick, New York.

Funeral services for the late Police Officer Arthur Lopez will be held at St. Christopher’s Church, 11 Gale Avenue (cross street Merrick Road), Baldwin, New York, on Saturday, October 27, 2012, at 1200 hours.

Comment

Rest in Peace - Gotta wear that vest. Who knows, we'll never know.

Comment

Thanks for all who attended. Nypd was there with a very good turnout.

US ATF, DEA, FBI, CADETS, RECRUITS, EXPLORERS, CT, PA, NJ AGENCIES, MTA pd, Mt. Vernon, Henrico Virginia! US Army, NYCDOC, you name it, they were there. Great show of brother and sisterhood.

RIP DETECTIVE LOPEZ.
                              Last edited by NYCTNT; 10-28-2012, 08:26 AM.
                              Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9307 users online. 283 members and 9024 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X