300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fayetteville, NC PD - 2 officers shot

One of the officer's just got off field training a week ago and was the one that was injured the worst. So far they have said that he should have a full recovery.

Fayetteville, N.C. — A 19-year-old man shot two Fayetteville police officers and his brother early Monday and engaged in a standoff with police before committing suicide, police said.

Police responded to a home on Argon Avenue around 1:30 a.m. after getting a call from neighbors that the man was acting erratic.

The gunman was later identified as Careem Legget, who had been involuntarily committed for psychiatric treatment twice since March 2010.

Police said that, when two officers approached Legget, he began firing at them.

A first-year police officer was shot in the neck, throat and shoulder. He was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, where he underwent a two-hour surgery. The officer, whose name was not released, had just completed field training and had been on the job for about a week.

Another officer, Sgt. Doug Nicolosi, was grazed by a bullet.

After firing on the officers, Legget then barricaded himself inside the home.

During the incident, Legget's brother was shot in the leg. His name and condition were not available.
    yeah!

Oh no, not another one!! I'm praying that you pull through, Officer.
    Everybody counts or no one counts.
    -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
    -Ronald Reagan

Comment

AT LEAST THE SCUMBAG IS DEAD

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. --
      A shooting suspect has died after shooting his brother and two Fayetteville police officers.

Police say the officers were responding to a call concerning someone with a gun around 1 a.m. at on Brass Court.

When officers arrived, the suspect, Careem Leggett, 19, shot two officers. One officer, Sgt. Doug Nicolosi, was treated on the scene. The other officer, Officer M. Quillen, is being treated at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in serious but stable condition.

Police said after shooting the officers, Leggett ran to his home at 1509 Argon Avenue, where he shot his brother in the leg and then barricaded himself inside the home.

Chief Thomas Bergamine said around 3:45 a.m. officers noticed movement at a rear window and a shot was heard coming from the home.

Police made several attempts to get in contact with the suspect. At 5:55 a.m. Emergency Response Team members made entry into the home where they found Leggett in the back bedroom with what they believed were self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

Family members of the suspect said Leggett suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and the police didn't do enough to talk him out of the shootings. Chief Bergamine said officers have previously responded to two incidents that were related to Leggett's health issues.

In 2009, there were at least 10 calls for service at 1509 Argon Ave., 15 calls for service in 2010, and nine calls in 2011.
      Everybody counts or no one counts.
      -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
      -Ronald Reagan

Comment

We've been dealing with Mr. Leggett for quite some time. They recently removed the breathing tubes from Officer Quillen, and I've even been told he could be going home pretty soon. I love how the family is already trying to blame us for not doing enough about his mental condition. Makes you wonder how much the family was actually doing... such as having him committed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6478 users online. 352 members and 6126 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X