300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckeye PD - 1 killed, 1 critically injured

2 Buckeye PD coppers working an off-duty security gig.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...%27shootout%27
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Pretty grim.

Seems like there has been an increase in shootings of off-duty cops lately, mirroring the on-duty shootings. Were they in uniform, and did they have communications?
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Dunno the answers to your questions. AZ Republic's article mirrors the one above.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

The only additional info I could find is that El Gran Mercado is a nightclub rather than a big market.

I believe that law-enforcement agencies in Southern California will not allow their off-duty officers to work jobs at places that sell liquor.

Comment

Just read the press release from Phx. Don't expect a real update until this afternoon.

Also, Buckeye PD will handle the official naming if the involved officers.
          NRA Life Member

Comment

Damn not another one ...

Comment

For this kind of off-duty gig, they would have still been in full uniform right?

God Bless.

Comment

To my knowledge most off duty jobs, they will be in uniform, but not have a radio to the department. In some big cities, like Dallas, if DPD officers are working in the city of Dallas, they will have radios. but that's it.
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Buckeye Police Department identified the deceased officer as Rolando Tirado, a married father of two children. Tirado has been a police officer for 11 years, seven of which he spent with Buckeye.
                  Officer Christopher Paz, a four year veteran of the department, was listed in critical condition after being shot multiple times.
                  RIP Officer Tirado Prayers to Officer Paz
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                  and I'm not sure about the former.
                  -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Refresh the article above and you'll see they were contacting a vehicle being driven recklessly in the parking lot. A Mexican dance had just ended @ 0100.
                    NRA Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                      A Mexican dance had just ended @ 0100.
                      Please, according to one of our illustrious student forum members, using the word "Mexican' is politically incorrect. You have to say Hispanic, even though Hispanic does not convey as much information.

Comment

For whomever that was:

NRA Life Member

Comment

Here's the ODMP Entry

Police Officer Rolando Tirado
                          Buckeye Police Department
                          Arizona
                          End of Watch: Sunday, May 1, 2011

Biographical Info
                          Tour of Duty: 11 years
                          Badge Number: Not available

Incident Details
                          Cause of Death: Gunfire
                          Date of Incident: Sunday, May 1, 2011
                          Weapon Used: Gun; Unknown type
                          Suspect Info: Two shot; One at large

Police Officer Rolando Tirado was shot and killed while he and another officer attempted to breakup a disturbance at an establishment on South 35th Avenue in Phoenix.

Both officers, who were working an off duty assignment at the location, were shot by three gunmen while breaking up the disturbance.

Despite being wounded, the officers were able to return fire. One of the three suspects was killed, a second was wounded, and the third was able to flee the scene.

Officer Tirado succumbed to his wounds while the second officer was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.

Officer Tirado had served with the Buckeye Police Department for seven years and had served in law enforcement for an additional four years. He is survived by his wife and two children.

Agency Contact Information
                          Buckeye Police Department
                          100 North Apache
                          Suite D
                          Buckeye, AZ 85326

Phone: (623) 349-6400

Please contact the Buckeye Police Department for funeral arrangements or for survivor benefit fund information.

Information on this memorial is preliminary. A final determination on line of duty status may be made at a future date.
                          Everybody counts or no one counts.
                          -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
                          -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Rest in Peace Officer Tirado, I did not know you, but if you worked with Chris you must have been a great man. Chris (Officer Paz), I'm praying for you and your family right now. I keep thinking back to our days in the academy, especially towards the end when we sat next to each other. Those were a great 19 weeks, and your smile and laugh still stand out in my mind. I'm praying for you to pull through this. Please everyone, send prayers for both of these Officers and their families.

Ski #583
                            Chandler PD
                            Caught in the action of kill or be killed, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother.

RIP brother and sister officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                              Keep the name djblack23 in mind. It's especially bigoted and hurtful to say that Mexicans are accustomed to paying bribes to police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4196 users online. 209 members and 3987 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X