• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Co. TX Deputy killed- Deputy Clifton Taylor

Johnson County deputy killed in shootout

WFAA

Posted on April 23, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Updated today at 10:40 PM

JOHNSON COUNTY — A Johnson County Sheriff's Office deputy was shot and killed in the line of duty Saturday afternoon, officials said.

Deputies returned fire and killed the shooting suspect during the incident near Venus.

It happened around 4 p.m. as law enforcement officers responded to a call about a disturbance involving weapons.

When deputies arrived, officials said they went into a shed on the property, looking for the suspect. Investigators said the man opened fire when they walked inside.

The deputies fired back, killing the suspect.

The fallen deputy was identified as 31-year-old Clifton Taylor. He was about to get married and had been on the force for more than three years.

"He'd been with the Sheriff's Office for three years and three months," said Sheriff Bob Alvord at a news conference in Fort Worth Saturday night. "An outstanding and dedicated officer as exemplified by his actions today."

A second deputy suffered a minor injury in the gunfight. He was treated and released at a local hospital
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

sigpic

RIP Brother Taylor!
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

This is my department, my brother, my friend...hes a great person, great deputy, and great friend! He will be missed around the offifce, the patrol room, and our church. Deputy Taylor left behind a fiance who he was to wed in November. PLEASE keep our department and Deputy Taylors family in your prayers, we truley need them! RIP TAYLOR!

Comment

LEO Wife n Disp, I'm so sorry for the loss of your co-worker. It is so tragic and needless. My prayers are with your dept and with the family of the fallen hero. He will not be forgotten.
        R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

RIP, praying for Johnson County PD and the family over here in Fort Worth PD.

Comment

RIP and I am so sorry about your loss. Thoughts and Prayers
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

RIP Brother Taylor. Prayers to family and department....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7150 users online. 371 members and 6779 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X