300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Jonathan Schmidt 04/12/11

I did not personally know Officer Schmidt, but I understand he is a great man who would do anything for anyone. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and department.

POINSETT COUNTY (KAIT) - A Trumann Police officer was shot and killed Tuesday night in Poinsett County during a traffic stop.

According to Trumann Police Chief Tony Rusher, 30-year-old officer Jonathan Schmidt was killed in front of the Cottonwood Manor Apartments at 300 Pine Avenue around 11:30 p.m. Schmidt and Officer Corey Overstreet stopped a vehicle and were walking toward it when Schmidt was shot.

Schmidt was taken to the NEA Baptist Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Overstreet and the suspect were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. Officer Overstreet was treated and released. The suspect is currently in police custody, but no location is being released.

Schmidt was married and was the father of three children. He had been on the police force since 2007, and was recently commended for saving the life of a 1-year-old child by performing CPR. After Schmidt's act of heroism, Rusher had all officers on the task force receive a refresher course on CPR training.

The Arkansas State Police has taken over this investigation. They will hold a press conference at the Trumann Police Department at 1pm Wednesday to release more information.

R.I.P Officer Schmidt

I did not know him personally, but we talked while he was in the academy here.

Here is a link to his class picture. Class of 2007B.
    Last edited by Mud_Pig; 04-13-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Condolences enroute............

Comment

I pas through Trumann several times a month on my part time job, i may have crossed paths with him several times. I was even seriously considering a move to there if i went full time with the railroad. the next time i pas through there will be a mourning band on my badge in his honor

Comment

EVERYONE needs to read the new article on the O.com homepage i am speechless

Comment

Thoughts and prayers en-route
            Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Funeral Saturday at 11.

SYOTOS brother.

Comment

Rip brother.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6095 users online. 339 members and 5756 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X