X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Deputy Killed

Small rural county

http://www.kcci.com/news/27425435/de...e65e97d1de%2C0

SIGOURNEY, Iowa -- A Keokuk County deputy and a man who shot at three officers Monday afternoon are both dead following a shooting incident near Sigourney, Iowa Department of Public Safety officials said.

Officials said the man shot at the three deputies as they approached a house in rural Keokuk County. One of the deputies was shot and killed.

Officials said the man also died in the incident, but refused to provide more details at this time about how he died. The incident started around noon and ended around 3 p.m., officials said. The names of the officer killed and man who died are not yet being released.

The two other deputies involved were not hurt.

The What Cheer Paper is reporting that at least one person was taken away from the scene by air ambulance.

Two state patrol tactical teams were dispatched to the scene. More than 27 law enforcement vehicles are at the scene lining the road up at a farmhouse, reported KCCI's Amanda Lewis.

Authorities are blocking roads in the area.

Neighbors said there are many rumors about the shooting spreading around town. A neighbor said he drove by the scene before the road blocks went up and it looked like law enforcement was searching through a farm field.

The shooting remains under investigation.

Check KCCI.com and KCCI-TV for updates on this developing story.
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 04-04-2011, 05:06 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Condolences enroute...........

Comment

RIP Brother.....

Comment

RIP Deputy Eric Stein
        Last edited by Iowa #1603; 04-04-2011, 10:02 PM.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Deputy Sheriff Eric Stein
          Keokuk County Sheriff's Office, Iowa
          EOW: Monday, April 4, 2011
          Cause of Death: Gunfire

...Please take a moment to let the family and friends of Deputy Stein know that they are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

http://www.hardenfuneralhomes.com/index.cfm

Comment

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...keokuk-deputy/

Iowa flags to fly half staff for slain Keokuk deputy

Iowa’s flags are to fly at half staff from noon tomorrow until 8 a.m. Monday in honor of Keokuk County Deputy Sheriff Eric Stein, Gov. Terry Branstad ordered today.

Stein, 39, was shot and killed Monday as he and two other law enforcement officers approached the home of Jeffrey Alan Krier. Authorities have said the officers were following up on an incident that happened Sunday when Krier, 53, opened fired.

About three hours after Stein was shot, Krier exited his home armed with weapons, was shot by an Iowa State Patrol tactical unit and died at the scene, officials said. Krier suffered from a mental illness, his family has said.

Stein’s funeral is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday at Sigourney High School. Visitation is Friday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the high school.

The governor’s directive applies to all U.S. and state flags under control of the State of Iowa.

Individuals, businesses, schools, municipalities, counties and other government subdivisions are encouraged by the governor to fly the flag at half-staff for the same length of time as a sign of respect.

Additionally, Gov. Branstad will be signing a proclamation declaring Stein a hero of the state of Iowa.

Comment

Rest in Peace, brother. See you saturday to send you to patrol where the gravel is gold.

Comment

Scripture

The Lord suffers the righteous to be slain that justice may come upon the wicked. -BofM

Comment

Thoughts and prayers en-route
                  Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Prayers sent, RIP Brother.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4150 users online. 265 members and 3885 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X