Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers Down in Virginia

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42061569...me_and_courts/

2 deputies dead, 2 others wounded in Va.
    Suspect killed later in shootout, state police say.

VANSANT, Va. — A gunman opened fire on sheriff's deputies responding to a robbery call at a rural salvage yard on Sunday, killing two and injuring two others before being killed in a shootout, Virginia State Police said.
    The two injured Buchanan County deputies were in serious condition, said State Police Sgt. Steve Lowe.
    At about 2 p.m., deputies were investigating a complaint from the owner of Roger's Service Center in the southwestern Virginia community of Vansant. He said his business was being robbed and he had blocked the suspect's vehicle with his own.
    Lowe said when deputies and state police arrived, shots were fired. Two Buchanan County deputies were hit and died at the scene.
    Later, state police and other officers found the suspect and after "some sort of engagement" they shot and killed him, Lowe said.
    Lowe said he does not know when the two deputies were injured or what type of weapon the gunman used.
    Residents were asked to leave their homes shortly after the salvage yard shooting and several remained gone late Sunday.
    Lowe did not identify the deputies who were slain and injured, nor the suspect.
    Prayers to the officers families and department. Sad.
    "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Condolences and healing enroute

Comment

I'm so sorry to read that. Rest In Peace and I pray for healing for the injured.
      Thoughts & Prayers for the family.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5344 users online. 299 members and 5045 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X