• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two DE Officers shot, one killed

UPDATE: Two Georgetown police officers shot, one fatally, in Kimmeytown
    By Patrick Varine

GEORGETOWN, DEL. -

Police from all over Sussex are seeking a third suspect, Christoper Reeves, of Lincoln, after two town police officers were shot on Tuesday evening, one fatally, near the intersection of King and Rosa streets, in Georgetown.

Patrolman Chad Spicer died from injuries sustained in the shooting, police said during a Tuesday-night press conference. A second officer, Shawn Brittingham, was also shot.

Officers had chased the three suspects, whose car was identified as having been involved in a previous incident, from the McDonald's on U.S. 113 into Kimmeytown, a neighborhood in the northeast part of downtown Georgetown, just after 6:45 p.m.

Large crowds had gathered in groups throughout Kimmeytown shortly after 7 p.m., as police from all corners of the county arrived on scene. By 7:30 p.m., officers were ordering the block to be cleared and people to go back inside.

State police Cpl. Bruce Harris said officers had set up a perimeter in the Georgetown area as they continue to search for the third suspect, keeping pedestrians and traffic out of a four-by-five-block area in Kimmeytown.

Two suspects are already in custody. Reeves lives on W. Mayhew Drive, in Lincoln. Police are asking anyone with information on his whereabouts to call 856-5850 or 800-TIP-3333.

The second officer who was shot, Shawn Brittingham, was taken to Beebe Hospital.

Prayers for these Officers.

Our prayers are with the officers. These things seem to hit closer and closer to home.

If anyone could post arrangements when available.

Comment

Prayers and thougts go out for the officers invloved, their families and the Dept. That really is sad. Thats such a small cool little town too. Drive throught it all the time on the way to the beach....... Just horrible.
      sigpic
      Formerly Username k91376
      " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Comment

RIP Brother.....Prayers out to the injured Officer.....

Comment

R.I.P. sad story.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
            Our prayers are with the officers. These things seem to hit closer and closer to home.

If anyone could post arrangements when available.
            Here's Chad's Officer Down Page. As far as funeral arrangements, his page says to contact the George Town PD.

RIP Officer Chad
            Semper Paratus/Always Ready
            Originally posted by jakflak
            The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
            Originally posted by Michigan
            I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Comment

His funeral was on Tuesday
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                His funeral was on Tuesday
                I read that in the paper a few hours after I posted my last comment. sorry
                Semper Paratus/Always Ready
                Originally posted by jakflak
                The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
                Originally posted by Michigan
                I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for their families and department.
                  Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4877 users online. 321 members and 4556 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X