Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today my Sgt. asked me to say something brief tomorrow during roll call. Not an entire speech, but just something for the occasion. This is what I have. Just something for everyone to see in the spirit of the day. Any criticisms are welcomed.

2,819. The total number of people who lost their lives on September 11th, 2001.

72 total officers, from various departments, killed in those attacks.

22 United States Soldiers lost in Operation Freedom.

115 Nations lost citizens that morning.

These numbers do not stop:

14 Officers have passed within the last 4 years due to illness related to the 9-11 attacks.

This year alone we have lost 84 officers nation-wide.

Down from the saddening totals of 188 in 2007, and 153 in 2006.

What do these numbers mean?

They mean every day, men and women give their lives in service of this profession.

Men and women of different race and creed, but binded by the badge they wore close to their hearts.

Doctors, Lawyers, Professional Athletes...are not presented with life threatening situations everyday. Us, as officers, are.

Let us give a moment of silence for not just the officers who, in those situations, gave the ultimate sacrifice, but for all who have died in service of city, state or country.

-Moment of Silence-

I would like to end this with one request:

Let this not only be a day of remembrance for those lost, but day of admiration and celebration for the gift they gave, and the sacrifices made.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5114 users online. 289 members and 4825 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X