300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy Sheriff Anne Jackson, Skagit Co.(WA) SO

The Officer Down Memorial Page Remembers . . .

Deputy Sheriff Anne Jackson
    Skagit County Sheriff's Office
    Washington
    End of Watch: Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Biographical Info
    Tour of Duty: 6 years
    Badge Number: Not available

Incident Details
    Cause of Death: Gunfire

Date of Incident: Tuesday, September 2, 2008
    Weapon Used: Gun; Unknown type
    Suspect Info: Apprehended

Deputy Anne Jackson was shot and killed after responding to a disturbance at a residence in the small town of Alger. When dispatchers were unable to reach her another deputy was sent to the location and found her body, along with a second shooting victim.

A suspect was located and led responding officers on a pursuit down I-5 in which he wounded a Washington State Patrol trooper and fatally shot another motorist. He turned himself at the county sheriff's office a short time later.

The ensuing investigation revealed that the suspect had also murdered three other people in two houses near the location where Deputy Jackson was killed at.

Deputy Jackson had served with the Skagit County Sheriff's Office for 6 years.

Agency Contact Information
    Skagit County Sheriff's Office
    600 South Third
    Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Phone: (360) 336-9450

Please contact the Skagit County Sheriff's Office for funeral arrangements or for survivor benefit fund information.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by SgtCHP; 09-03-2008, 07:29 AM.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Condolences and Blessings to her family and agency..................

Comment

Damn R.I.P

Kind of surprised that the suspect turned himself in after murdering so many people.

Comment

Seems like she was a very good lady and LEO.

Rest in Peace....
        1*

Comment

RIP Deputy.

This is why I so vehemently argue with my department about sending an S.O. unit to a disturbance by themselves.....there's a reason you're supposed to send a minimum of two to these types of calls.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

This happened just down the street from me....I am not LEO but I was very upset about this (officers hold a special place in my heart and I pray for you guys often).
            I am just stunned and very sad. I guess crazy people live anywhere and everywhere, but this is just not the sort of thing that happens here....
            stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

duplicate...sorry
              Last edited by Isla_; 09-06-2008, 02:01 AM. Reason: wouldn't YOU like to know!

chat room

Comment

just in case anyone in the area would like info about her memorial.

http://www.skagitcounty.net/Common/a...p=memorial.htm

( I just noticed too that there is an online memorial guest book)

chat room

Comment

interesting bit of info I discovered.....about 5,000 attended the national 9/11 memorial service in D.C...4,000 attended Dep. Jackson's memorial.

I know that people don't like getting tickets, and sometimes we are annoying...but please remember that we really do love you all and pray for you.

chat room

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5319 users online. 294 members and 5025 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X