300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first last call....

I attended a memorial service on Friday at a neighboring PD for a Lt. that suffered a massive heart attack. I had never experience a last call before. Let me tell you, it is something very heartfelt and emotional. It is very sombering hearing the dispatcher over the radio calling out his number then the chief giving out the information, 21 gun salute, and taps. Everyone starts getting teary eyed, sniffles. Nothing hurts more than loosing a fellow man in blue.

RIP Lt. Barry Blackstock, Kingsville Police Department

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Hearing the bagpipes always creates a lump in my throat.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I won't ever forget sitting at work and hearing a state police dispatcher give a nice, short little speech on state wide about a troopers death. What shook me up the most was the very last part. Saying his unit number and that he was finally 10-42.
      Your mom...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5686 users online. 296 members and 5390 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X