300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perth amboy,nj officer killed

(08/22/08) PERTH AMBOY - A Perth Amboy police officer died Friday from injuries suffered in a fatal car crash that shocked two local police departments.

Officer Thomas Raji, 31, was cut from his cruiser after a Nissan Altima smashed into the side of his patrol car around 3:45 a.m. Authorities say Raji and Patrolman Matthew Mercurio, 42, were transporting a prisoner to the Middlesex County Jail. While enroute to the facility, 23-year-old Sean McGuirk, the brother of a Woodbridge officer, plowed into the squad car.

Mercurio suffered a head injury described as severe, while passenger Gregory Efford, 37, sustained non-life threatening injuries.

Officer Raji was expecting his first child. He was the son-in-law of Perth Amboy Council President Peter Jimenez. The flag will fly at half staff outside department headquarters in honor of Raji.

sad part is yesterday as i was driving i seen the cruiser being towed with 3-4 tow trucks and another tow truck with the altima..i said to my girlfriend, wow look @ that i hope that officer lived though it..from the way the CV looked as if it was broadsided @ about 80-90..

prayers go out his love ones and friends

Comment

God rest his soul.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6248 users online. 356 members and 5892 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X