X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer, dog hurt in car crash

POMONA

Officer, dog hurt in car crash

A suspected drunken driver slammed into a police car Sunday, injuring an officer and his police dog, officials said.

Guadalupe Perez, 54, of Pomona was driving without a license and ran a stop sign at Monterey Avenue and Rebecca Street at 2:52 p.m., investigators said. He crashed into the Pomona squad car, causing the police vehicle to strike a 2007 Nissan Titan.

Two people in the Titan complained of pain but declined to be taken to a hospital. Perez tried to run, but officers arrived and captured him.

He received minor injuries in the crash. After being taken to a hospital, he was booked into jail on suspicion of causing injuries in a felony hit-and-run crash and driving while under the influence of alcohol. Police held Perez with bail set at $100,000.

Paramedics took the officer to a hospital, where he was treated and released. His right arm was bruised and he suffered neck, back and shoulder pain, police said. The police dog, Buddy, was taken to a veterinary hospital.

http://www.sbsun.com/crime/ci_10240477
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Get well soon, guys!

Also, isn't "Guadalupe" a female's name? I'm just a dumb country boy out here in the midwest, so maybe it's a common male name and I just haven't encountered any...
    1*

Comment

Thankfully no one was seriuosly hurt..get well soon....As for Guadalupe, ....can you imagine, drunk driving and no license...say it isnt so!!!! and yes, it is more commonly a female name

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4643 users online. 258 members and 4385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X