300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Texarkana, Texas

Long time lurker, but little posts though...

I have finally applied for the TTPD, and will be doing the civil service exam the 29th of this month, I have been waiting to become a US citizen, and became one 6 months ago... and now is the first change for me to apply.

I'm looking at the Texarkana Texas Police Department, and would be working a 50/50 position, 50% patrol and 50% technology implementation. that is is everything works out the way the captain wants it... otherwise 100% patrol is fine with me !!!

I currently own my own business in the IT industry, and make very decent money, and changing to LE will mean a paycut, but the job satisfaction I expect to get out of it is well worth it...

TTPD works 12 hour shifts, 2 on 2 off 3 on 3 off etc, which would leave some time for computer repair work on the side....

Any special tips for me ?

good luck, sounds like you are doing it for the job and not the money, I guess you cant beat doing what you like even if it means taking a paycut.
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is why so few engage in it"
    ~ Henry Ford

When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you.
    ~ Lao-Tzu

Comment

Good luck!
      The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4657 users online. 255 members and 4402 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X