Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day from Louisiana

Hello all,

My name is Chanse Watson. I'm 21 years old and a junior at Louisiana Tech University, majoring in Professional Aviation and minoring in Aviation Management. I've been actively involved in the aviation world since I was 13 and currently hold my private pilots license, working on additional ratings and certifications.

Besides flying being one of my dreams, which came true when I began my flight training at 13 years old, I have always pursued a career in Law Enforcement. I've always wanted to join the military, particularly the USAF or ANG to fly, but decided to work towards my flying civilly. Though, I've always held cops at high regard, putting themselves in danger to protect others, is apparent in what I have always wanted to do.

I've been trying to find a community like this one, to research my options of becoming a police officer and getting advice from someone that can easily reply as quick as in a matter of seconds. I hope to become a police officer soon, either after graduating college or sooner than that and return to college later.
    Last edited by chansepw; 07-19-2008, 04:39 PM. Reason: wording

Well being a cop isnt for everyone, my best advice is do a lot of self reflection and see if you think you can handle the baggage that can accompany law enforcement. Long hours, often times well beyond your set shift, working holidays, overnights, having to be fair even when things people have done make you want to lose your head. Once youve done that, do some ride alongs with area agencies, see what they go through, and ask a lotta questions! Most cops, at least in my pre-employment days, are more than willing to answer any questions you have and be real with you. This is the path I took when I first started, and it worked for me! And as far as flying, thats a great hobby to have, I feel every cop should have a past time to get his mind off the job and what happens at work. Flying is a great one! Takin a day off and takin to the skies, forgettin everything but where youre headed and where the horizon is Ive always wanted to fly, but bad eye sight kept me away from it, so I became an MP instead )

Comment

I was actually planning on doing some ride a longs soon. I know the lieutenant here for the Sheriff's Department of the Parish (or County) I live in and meeting with him on Monday for lunch - hopefully to get things started soon. I know this area very well, both on the ground and in the air! Ha! Flying is an amazing relief from the world below.

If you ever come down to Louisiana, let me know and I will have no problem taking you up for a flight. The world is much different from above, that's for sure. It has helped me get through my tough times in my life thus far - such a great stress reliever.

I seem to fit the criteria needed to be a cop. I love to be involved with people, whether to help people out or solve a problem. Most of my friends come to me for advise, which to me, means a lot because I seem to be fair on both ends; I get to hear both sides of the stories. My ex's brother was a cop and has done some pretty courageous and remarkable things for the community- especially saving lives. Being a cop seems so rewarding, albeit tough and hard work I can imagine and hope to live through that one day.

What's your vision? Is it correctable?

Comment

Don't just pursue flying as a hobby, include it in your law enforcement plans. Become a pilot for a police department. I know that with LSP you start out as a road Trooper first, then when there is a spot open in air support, you apply and can transfer laterally. Just a thought. Good luck!
        It's all fun and games 'till the cops show up!

Comment

I'm still not sure if I want to do LSP or just stick with a particular Parish...ie: St. Tammany. Do references to others in the law enforcement help the hiring process at all?

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Get Local Coupons
            Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

Hi Chans
              Cameron I think it was... Flew out of there once in a chopper to work on an oil rig. (jack-up type) the chopper lost power we were float'in in the gulf for a a bit, it had small pottons on the skids...
              Sully,s my name killing sharks my game.
              Originally posted by mookster
              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
              Originally posted by CityCopDC
              I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
              Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4646 users online. 313 members and 4333 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X