Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Omega

Hello all,
    I've recently decided upon a career change from manufacturing CAD/CAM programming to law enforcement. In May I attended a job fair in San Diego and talked to SDPD, SDSO, DEA, ICE, & USBP. I narrowed my choices down to USBP & SDSO.

Since USBP testing in San Diego is an expedited program the USBP process is going much faster than the SDSO process.

05/28 Attended Job Fair
    06/25 SDSO Exam
    06/27 USBP Exam, 92%
    07/05 SDSO Results Received, T62/86
    07/07 USBP BI Packet Mailed
    07/11 USBP Oral Board, Passed
    07/22 SDSO Received Notice of Eligibility & Orientation Letter
    07/23 USBP Med & Fitness Exam, Passed

I've never been in serious trouble, however I am human and did make a couple mistakes over the years, but I was completely honest in my background packet and I think/hope I'll be okay.

Wish me luck, and maybe next year I'll be one of you...
    Last edited by Omega_556; 07-23-2008, 04:47 PM. Reason: Add Info

hey man everyone makes mistakes, and police admin know that as well as us. The key thing is to always be honest, as honest as possible, even about things u consider, or have even been told are minimal. Even if people tell you not to say anything, do it anyway! By time the background check is done, they will know u better than youre own momma. I know all this from experience, when I got hired, the one issue in my background i didnt mention because i simply forgot about it. I had been told by so many agencies it wasnt a problem or a big deal, so I just forgot about it. Wel the dept im workin for now found it, and assumed I was trying to hide it because I didnt mention it. My job was a hairs breadth away from being gone and it took some serious talkin and convincing to keep it. Best of luck sir, and any other questions im sure myself and everyone else will do their best to help out!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Get Local Coupons
      Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

Welcome and good luck!
        "It's a long way from the Supreme Court to the streets." -F.Y.
        "Saw drunk, arrested same." -Buck

Comment

mistakes

Mistakes? I make mistakes all day long... I think my mom might have "made one" Sullys my name
          Originally posted by mookster
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          Originally posted by CityCopDC
          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5212 users online. 298 members and 4914 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X