300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LASD Deputy

Hello all, I've been a Deputy for for one week now!!! I welcome any advise for my next evolution into the custody, for some day I will reach Patrol!!!

Brian

Congrats, just as you finish I am starting 372! See ya around one of these days.

Comment

Congrats good buddy. Good luck at East Facility. You might want to change your profile to say you're a sworn officer now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoon3 View Post
        Hello all, I've been a Deputy for for one week now!!! I welcome any advise for my next evolution into the custody, for some day I will reach Patrol!!!

Brian
        I'll begin with saying this, Real friends will never ask you to do things that will get you fired. Those people are classified as just stupid co-workers. I don't know if you're married but when making decisions think about how they will impact you and your family. If you stand a chance on loosing your job because of your actions, this will affect your family especially when you loose your home. You are going to go through a period of wanting to be accepted by your peers and of having to make tough decisions. The ability to make a wise decision is the only thing that separates you from Inmates. Realize your shiny brass badge can be taken away just as easily as it was given. So here's your advice for custody.

Your sheltered senior peers believe that you need to disrespectfully treat inmates like crap to get them to follow instructions. Realize these are people who:

Grew up fist fighting just for fun.
        Lacked basic family structure.
        Most did not complete high school.
        And faithfully believe that their actions are not criminal just survival.

Your understanding of what is normal does not compare to theirs. Treat people with respect. This is not to be confused with being their shoulder to lean on. Talk to people with confidence, firmness and FAIRNESS at which time respect will be given to you. If not, just remember that you go home to clean warm sheets every night. Never allow an inmate to control your actions to the point of making a bad decision. If you make the wrong decision you’ll ultimately end up on his side of the bars, just ask former LAPD Officer R. Perez. Keep your word, if you say you're going to do something always do it. Never make promises that you cannot keep.

Congratulations on making it through the academy now you'll see that the academy didn't teach you about career survival. Post this in your locker as good advice, because those cocky guys you work with that call themselves OG with just 3 years in custody are still finding out how to competently do their jobs. Just watch as it takes them the whole shift to write a simple force report for deploying OC spray…….L8
        LASD
        We do the best for less with less....

Comment

welcome
          welcome
          welcome
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

welcome to the site...
            ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
            -- John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by L8SHIFT View Post
              I'll begin with saying this, Real friends will never ask you to do things that will get you fired. Those people are classified as just stupid co-workers. I don't know if you're married but when making decisions think about how they will impact you and your family. If you stand a chance on loosing your job because of your actions, this will affect your family especially when you loose your home. You are going to go through a period of wanting to be accepted by your peers and of having to make tough decisions. The ability to make a wise decision is the only thing that separates you from Inmates. Realize your shiny brass badge can be taken away just as easily as it was given. So here's your advice for custody.

Your sheltered senior peers believe that you need to disrespectfully treat inmates like crap to get them to follow instructions. Realize these are people who:

Grew up fist fighting just for fun.
              Lacked basic family structure.
              Most did not complete high school.
              And faithfully believe that their actions are not criminal just survival.

Your understanding of what is normal does not compare to theirs. Treat people with respect. This is not to be confused with being their shoulder to lean on. Talk to people with confidence, firmness and FAIRNESS at which time respect will be given to you. If not, just remember that you go home to clean warm sheets every night. Never allow an inmate to control your actions to the point of making a bad decision. If you make the wrong decision you’ll ultimately end up on his side of the bars, just ask former LAPD Officer R. Perez. Keep your word, if you say you're going to do something always do it. Never make promises that you cannot keep.

Congratulations on making it through the academy now you'll see that the academy didn't teach you about career survival. Post this in your locker as good advice, because those cocky guys you work with that call themselves OG with just 3 years in custody are still finding out how to competently do their jobs. Just watch as it takes them the whole shift to write a simple force report for deploying OC spray…….L8
              This is truely great advice. Having worked in a detention center for 2 years myself, these words are something that I wish I had read/heard when I first started. Most of what I have learned I had to to learn the hard way. The "guests" in our facilities have nothing better to do then to try and get one over on the staff. My county uses what is called direct supervision, so we actually have a Deputy inside of the pods for 12 hours a day. The ratio is generally 70 inmates to 1 deputy. That being said, you learn a lot really quickly. I wish you the best of luck in your journey sir!
              "Fight like the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark!"

Tapp3r

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the academy. Hope to see/meet you when I'm down at IRC.

Comment

I want to thank everyone for the advise and welcoming remarks. I'll have my orientation at PDC East this Friday. From there it's time to go to work (10-8). I hope to eventually transfer to IRC, PDC is 70 miles one way for me, but I will make the best of it while I'm there. I will be digging deep in my military experience to be able to improvise adapt and overcome.

Thank you!!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                    Get Local Coupons
                    Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

[IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c371/K***100/melbourne.jpg[/IMG]

Well done, enjoy you time.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7302 users online. 279 members and 7023 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                      X