300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Apparently I made this account five years ago when I was in college thinking about a job in LE. Well I got one, been on a little over two years in a large suburban department in northern VA. Currently looking to find another job because my department is circling the drain lol.

Originally posted by RollTideRoll View Post
    Apparently I made this account five years ago when I was in college thinking about a job in LE. Well I got one, been on a little over two years in a large suburban department in northern VA. Currently looking to find another job because my department is circling the drain lol.

What do you mean by "circling the drain lol."?

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

What do you mean by "circling the drain lol."?
      We’re about 150 bodies understaffed, have lowered the standards to the point where complete ****ups are getting hired and graduating, doing nothing to address retention, paying too low to afford the worst apartment complex the worst beat area, cutting investigative staff and waitlisting detective promotions for years in advance, forcing more and more on patrol (operating daily at like 50% strength), torn and frayed relationship with prosecutors. In short, same **** as in a lot of places but they don’t pay us anywhere nearly enough for people to ignore it. I’ve had like 10 friends leave in the past six months.

Comment

Originally posted by RollTideRoll View Post

We’re about 150 bodies understaffed, have lowered the standards to the point where complete ****ups are getting hired and graduating, doing nothing to address retention, paying too low to afford the worst apartment complex the worst beat area, cutting investigative staff and waitlisting detective promotions for years in advance, forcing more and more on patrol (operating daily at like 50% strength), torn and frayed relationship with prosecutors. In short, same **** as in a lot of places but they don’t pay us anywhere nearly enough for people to ignore it. I’ve had like 10 friends leave in the past six months.
        I see...

Comment

Normally, I'm a fairly optimistic person. The last couple of years have dulled my optimism, and replaced it with a genuine fear for my kids and grandkids future. Anyone who couldn't foresee the consequences of demonizing the police must've been brainwashed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3571 users online. 236 members and 3335 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X