Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reintroduction post

Greetings all.

I’ve been snooping around the forum for a couple years now since my last (and only) post, so I figured a reintroduction would be a good idea.

So about me:

I live in Montana doing non-LE work right now. I spent two years in California wearing a lot of hats as a “volunteer” in a local SO, doing things like Search and Rescue, OES work, marijuana disposal, grant writing, helping the coroner, and other things.

After moving to Montana, I worked as a private unarmed security guard part time at a college in Billings, and am a mechanic in the Air National Guard.

At current, I’m a septic pumper in Missoula County, and have an application in with the sheriff’s department for a reserve deputy position. I’m also putting in an Application with the Border Patrol, though I’m not expecting to get picked up the first time around, as I just barely meet the requirements. But it never hurts to try.

So there you go. That’s me. I’ll keep snooping, and maybe post more frequently.

Welcome. Don't know if you can bearly meet a requirement. It's a you meet or you don't. Be positive.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLou View Post
      Welcome. Don't know if you can bearly meet a requirement. It's a you meet or you don't. Be positive.

Good luck.
      Sorry it took so long to get back: the wife came down with covid, so I’ve been a little busy.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. Regarding barely meeting the requirement: as I understand it, CBP rates applicants in 6 classes, going from “Not Qualified,” upwards to “Highly Qualified.” It’s based on how well a candidate meets and/or exceeds the minimum requirements. So while I do currently meet the basic requirements, I don’t really exceed any of them. In the current hiring environment, I think I do have a decent chance, but I fully understand that there are others that have far more impressive resumes, and I won’t be heartbroken if I don’t get picked up the first time I try.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure you have your resume to "open to recruiters on USA jobs". Some of the federal LE agencies have become so desperate for bodies, they've resorted to resume sifting on USA jobs. As long as you meet qualifications you should at least get to an interview. One agency that turned me down a few years ago, reached back out recently because "my resume sparked interest as a potential candidate". Needless to say I was the one who turned them down this time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4541 users online. 241 members and 4300 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X