Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Finally applying. Only took me 8 years!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Finally applying. Only took me 8 years!

Hey everyone,
    I have been on the forum a while looking around and have read more than I posted. I have wanted to apply to become an officer since I was about 22 and in college. Now, almost 8 years later at 31 I'm finally applying.
    I always felt I wasn't mature enough in my early to mid 20's and needed more life experience. After getting through college and being part of the real world I learned a ton about people and myself. All in all, I feel like I'm a better person for waiting. More understanding, more patient, and a little wiser.
    While my past is not squeaky clean, I have made some mistakes. Nothing major that should DQ me. But a couple situations that will require some explanation in my interviews.
    I am sure in the near future I will be throwing a load of questions as well as reading tons of posts. So thanks for all the input you veterans have been putting on here and for future posts.
    Shane
    Hoping to wear the badge someday...

yes

Go For It!

And Good Luck

Comment

Way To Go

I am 22 and in college right now and I have wanted to apply to be an officer sometime as well. But I feel like you did that I need some time to get things together. I did my internship and I could not believe how much stuff I learned and how unbeilevable this job was. I finished the internship and now I am continuing school for one more semester and I am working in our PD Evidence room for I am a Forensic Science minor as well. Well I wish you luck and keep us posted on what happens. Talk to you later

Comment

Originally posted by S.P. View Post
        I am sure in the near future I will be throwing a load of questions as well as reading tons of posts.
        Welcome, and throw away when ready
        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Welcome S.P.! There is a lot to be said for waiting untill your a little more mature, before going on the job. I didn't get hired untill I was 33. Thank God for 20yr retirement!

Comment

Never to late

I did the crossover to le at age 36. It's true about the maturity thing. I have friends that are younger than me and they think they could do everything without help. They have ben proven wrong an sveral occassions.
            LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you all for the words of encouragement!
              You just know when it's time is what many of the seasoned officers told me when I used to go on ride-alongs. I believe whole-heartedly they were right. And I know now is definatley the right time.
              I've been in the business world for about 6 years now and I can honestly say I am not cut out to ride a desk for a living!
              Thanks again for the words.
              Shane
              Hoping to wear the badge someday...

Comment

Good Luck in your venture to become a Police Officer.
                "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                Not Yet Visited: 16
                Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Go for it and good luck - I've been out of the Air Force Security Police for 8yrs this August and just about to start the academy in 9 days. It's never to late!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the site.

Good luck and well done!

Comment

Welcome to the site

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5447 users online. 311 members and 5136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X