300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, future Fed

Hello all, I recently have been awarded a promotion to full time US Forest Service LEO gig in California and am looking forward to getting started and getting to FLETC when I get a slot.

A little background- I’ve worked for the USFS for 12 years as a trails foreman, wilderness ranger and Wilderness program manager. The entire time as an FPO ( Forest protection officer) which is a non-commissioned, class B misdemeanor only enforcement position. However I gained extensive experience patrolling alone and making contacts, issuing tickets and coordinating investigations with fish and game and such- which allowed me to rise to the top of the applicant pool.

I’m excited to (digitally) meet all of you!

The forest service you say? Ratatatat will more than likely have a legendary rant about your agency.
    Last edited by Levithane; 01-04-2021, 09:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Congratulations! I was once a non-LEO USFS employee too.

Originally posted by Levithane View Post
      The forest service you say? Ratatatat will more than likely have a legendary rant about your agency.
      You're probably thinking about US Fish & Wildlife, although Ratatatat always has good viewpoints and stories about land management LE in general.
      Last edited by wheresthebeef; 01-30-2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Never worked for the Forest Service.

Thank the Lord.
        Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

-Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Thanks for the ‘hello’ guys!

Comment

Welcome and good luck in your new position. I never heard much about the US Forest Service but looked up and see that are hiring for a variety of jobs locally. Is there generally an upper age limit on the jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcell
              Greetings!

Firstly, congratulations on your allege promotion lol. I'm certain, you worked hard to obtain it. I know a bit something or two about Park & Wildlife Officers, as I'd frequently watch documentary in regards to that profession and watch whom holds such profession, execute there duties.

Ever decided to possibly move out-of state? I highly recommend considering employment opportunities in the State of Texas. Beautiful environment, and cute relevant agencies there.
              Never gonna happen Troll.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by WindyCityCold View Post
                Welcome and good luck in your new position. I never heard much about the US Forest Service but looked up and see that are hiring for a variety of jobs locally. Is there generally an upper age limit on the jobs?
                For LE positions the age limit is 37, not including prior service like military or federal firefighters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3340 users online. 154 members and 3186 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X