Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Hello
    My name is Zach and I'm currently in the U.S Navy. I have a little less than two years left in the Navy before I plan to get out. When I do get out I will have been in for 10yrs mainly working on Helicopters. I think that I have done my time and feel like being more permanent. I'm really interested in a Law Enforcement job have been for quite some time. I will be looking for a job somewhere in between Texas and Minnesota. I like to stay away from the large cities but, if that is where I will have to start then I have no problem doing that. So if anyone has any advice on a smooth transition from active military to a civilian L.E job I'm all ears. My main concern if how far out in advance should I start sending applications even though I can't do anything to discharge date.

Hey Tiercel welcome to the forums. Many federal LE jobs are listed on USAjobs.gov. Many recruiters like to catch people before they even leave the service. I know Federal jobs usually envolve a lengthy background check and lots of paper work. I would apply as soon as possible and put a date that you expect to be available. From the time I applied for my job to the time I started to work was a year exactly.
    Reality is only a perception

Comment

Welcome to the site

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4865 users online. 283 members and 4582 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X