300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from NY

finally my account was activated i been waiting since beggining of May lol. I'm from Westchester County in southern NY I am 20 years old and currently majoring in Criminal Justice at Iona College. I am waiting to take my physical test for the New Rochelle police dept. and taking the NYPD test in June. I hope to make some friends and i am glad to be a part of this great forum and look foward to talking with everyone. Hope everyone has a great and safe memorial day weekend.

good luck w/ ur test, we need more people (NYPD) as you can tell by the papers that numbers are down.

I'm in academy right now waiting anxiously to graduate, all I can say is start running... because they run you a lot.
    MTS, 013

Comment

im hoping to get on the new rochelle police i have that physical test next week my situps and running are fine its just my pushups i suck at. Is it true you have to run 1.5 miles under 15 minutes in order to graduate the academy? Thats really easy to do then

Comment

Originally posted by 914cophopefulNY View Post
        im hoping to get on the new rochelle police i have that physical test next week my situps and running are fine its just my pushups i suck at. Is it true you have to run 1.5 miles under 15 minutes in order to graduate the academy? Thats really easy to do then
        hope you get on New Rochelle, and yes, it's 14:21 which is easy to do, but a lot of people pass in 13 mins... I personally did it in 11:22 and I consider myself out of shape being I'm an ex-smoker 5'7" at 170lbs. The push-ups though... we do A LOT of them... at least 100 a day, and some with variations such as knuckles, fingertip, one leg up in the air, diamond, etc. The air is now hotter and humid in the city, so running makes us all dizzy and it sucks... so just keep in shape and just do calisthenics, because in any academy, they make you do a lot of exercises.
        MTS, 013

Comment

damn its bad enough the pay is 25k now they make you do all that too? geez yea next sunday is my test i gotta do 38 situps in a minute 29 pushups in a minute and 1.5 miles under 12:29.. i went running last week on the track i was suprised i did it in 11:46 and i barely ran in pasted 2 years.. im just worried about my pushups... at least ull have a partner all the time when you get out but i heard your first two years you walk and all

Comment

yeah, pay is harsh but hopefully we'll get bumped up by next year since the FD got a bump. As with partners we don't get one really until we get into a RMP. For the first 6 months to a year or more we're out on foot posts which can be that we're alone, and being alone in some place in the bronx or brooklyn can be nerve racking...
            MTS, 013

Comment

wow really? i thought most get partners i assume that espcialy in bad areas lol... if i do decide to go all the way for the nypd ill do either the bronx or manhattan probaly but iduno everyone tells me im crazy for wanting to join the NYPD... how long did it take from the time you took the written to the time you were accepted in?

Comment

Welcome to the site

Comment

Howdy, Love the pictorial its cute!
                  Reality is only a perception

Comment

lol yea i was trying to search for something funny that was best i could find... where in New York is everyone from?

Comment

Welcome to the site 914...hope you have fun and good luck with school (I'm also a criminal justice major) and the New Rochelle PD.

Comment

Welcome and good luck!
                        The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

thanks what college u go to for that ms.enforcer?

Comment

Welcome and good luck with your choice...I m going to try to get in for the July '08 class.
                            "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
                            - A Cop's Maxim

Comment

I was reading the beginning of the Thread, and I read that for NYPD you have to be able to run 1.5 mile in under 15 minutes?

I am in Canada, and requirements before entering Depot (RCMP Academy) you have to run 1.5 in under 12 minutes, be able to complete the PARE test, as well as being able to do a number of pushups, pullups, situps, etc.

It seems to me that the requirements are simliar, with minor differences.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6553 users online. 358 members and 6195 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X