Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Baltimore!!

Hi everyone.

I have been reading this forum for a while and have recieved a lot of good tips and pointers from everyone's posting. I am a recent college grad currently working as an auditor for the federal government and finishing up my master's degree. I am trying to take this education into the federal law enforcement field and so far have just been taking tests. Current working applications: IRS CI, Secret Service Special Agent, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agent. My question for the group, will my master's degree in Business/IT, my undergraduate in accounting, and secret security clearance qualify me for an 1811 position or should I be looking more for LE experiance at any level instead of just federal?? I feel like I should be trying to track down a recruiter at a job fair for this question, but between work and school my time is limited. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. All the best

Originally posted by Applicant077 View Post
    Hi everyone.

I have been reading this forum for a while and have recieved a lot of good tips and pointers from everyone's posting. I am a recent college grad currently working as an auditor for the federal government and finishing up my master's degree. I am trying to take this education into the federal law enforcement field and so far have just been taking tests. Current working applications: IRS CI, Secret Service Special Agent, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agent. My question for the group, will my master's degree in Business/IT, my undergraduate in accounting, and secret security clearance qualify me for an 1811 position or should I be looking more for LE experiance at any level instead of just federal?? I feel like I should be trying to track down a recruiter at a job fair for this question, but between work and school my time is limited. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. All the best
    I have been in the federal system for 15 years and I have seen 1811 new hires that have less than you have coming to the table. I decided to take the "stepping stone" "way in position" and got stuck there until I passed the age limit for the 6c covered position. Keep trying you will get it. Hitting the career fairs with recruiters doesnt hurt.
    Reality is only a perception

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6071 users online. 347 members and 5724 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X