300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy, CBP poly in three days

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've recently graduated with an MA in National Security Studies and have been applying to federal jobs for the past 12 months. In three days I fly to Houston to poly for two positions with CBP- officer and agent. The general hiring initiative that I replied to closed last November and it's been a long process since then. I'm, currently listed as 50% on the CBP website. I'm aware that this and other federal hiring process can take a very long time and am hedging my bets by simultaneously pursuing LEO work for several city and state departments. For two of them I'm 3/4 of the way through and am waiting on background checks to finish up. I don't expect any issues as I've always intended to enter LEO or LEO related work and have kept my nose clean.

Happy to find this forum, I'll keep yall posted on my progress.

Oh- forgot to mention. I've passed poly for one of those city LEO jobs already, so I'm not too concerned about the CBP test. Best of luck guys.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      CBP is a totally different animal than local/city, Word of advice don't go in overconfident. There was another guy on here about a year ago that was way overconfident with the process, and I haven't seen him post since he made the thread.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Levithane I think I remember who you are talking about but cant remember his username. This guy boasted so much smh .

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, guy who made a lone thread about becoming an agent. His attitude was "there is no if I become an agent, only when I become an agent", like okay pal tell that to the examiner.

You can "pass" a poly one day and "fail" one the next day

The person who is not nervous going into a polygraph ................is very likely to be surprised
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

search for the CBP Officer forum here, there is 3k pages of good info. I passed the poly last year and due to NDA there isnt much I can say but like the comment above , this is a different animal. I have seen prior LEOs and Military guys fail it, fail rate is more than 60%. Im no trying to discourage you or intimidate you, just letting you know from someone that has been there, done that. I start the academy in December, you can PM too if you have questions, I will be glad to answer what I can.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4941 users online. 223 members and 4718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X