300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhD Student Looking for Research Participants

Hello, my name is Cheyenne Ray. I am a Ph. D. student at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology in the Business Psychology Department. I am conducting research on police officers in the United States and I am inviting you to participate because you are a police officer. This research is about understanding the relationship between positive thoughts and behaviors and the stressors that come with police work.

Participation in this research includes taking surveys related to your attitudes toward work, your experience of trauma and how it relates to your health, and questions about suicide as well as questions about your demographics.. Total, these surveys will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete.

If you have any questions or would like to participate in the research, I can be reached at cgr1495.ego@thechicagoschool.edu.

Please follow the link below to take the survey:

Click Here To Take The Survey

What’s the pay rate?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

There's no compensation. Just the opportunity to support a much needed area of research for police officers.

Comment

Okay I participated. Took me all of three minutes.

Read like just another PTSD assessment. What's the goal of your research? To understand the negative effects of stress?

Here's my clinical answer: stress takes a toll, but having good friends, a good spouse, some hobbies and a respectable wine rack can make it tolerable.
        There are two types of people in this world: those who are humble and those who will be humbled.

Comment

Being a participant in a PhD program is usually paid some type of stipend. For their time and input.

Comment

• Saluki89
            Saluki89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Usually only the good ones. Fellowships they are called.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          Being a participant in a PhD program is usually paid some type of stipend. For their time and input.

Dude... there's no blood draw or overnight monitoring here. Just some generic questions straight out of a PTSD assessment.

There are two types of people in this world: those who are humble and those who will be humbled.

Comment

Dude, standard. Asking people to participate in a series of tests takes time out of their day. Didn’t your CJ degree teach you that?

Comment

I spent more time today posting about the merits of a CJ degree to believers and non-believers than I did taking that survey...

Comment

Some of those questions about suicide need a N/A option.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
                  Some of those questions about suicide need a N/A option.
                  I agree. They assumed the survey taker was contemplating suicide. Reminded me of loaded questions like "How often do you beat your spouse? A) Weekly B) Whenever necessary C) Only after a night of heavy drinking." Ummm, whatever happened to D) Never ??

Comment

As an aside, I'm not sure how much use this study will be for you. We're all anonymous strangers on the internet and you have no proof we're police officers aside from our saying we are. These are public forums and anyone can click on the link to take your survey. If you want to be sure you're only soliciting answers from actual officers you'll need to go talk to some face to face.

Comment

I took the survey but several questions I left unanswered. They didn't allow an answer for someone who wasn't thinking about suicide which seems to jade the responses.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7407 users online. 262 members and 7145 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X