300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nypd vs mtapd ?

For those familiar with nyc. My brother is having a tough decision to make. He will be promoted to rookie sgt within 3 months in the nypd. He has 6 years with the nypd already. However, he has just been notified by the mtapd to start the process for their agency. Would it be worth for him to stay in the nypd or should he switch over to mtapd. From what i know, he will not need to the academy again. However, he will start off with rookie pay all over again in mtapd. And he will be going from tier 3 to tier 6. From what i understand his time with nypd will count on the bavk end. Any thoughts on this?

I would post this question in the NY forum

https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...tates/new-york
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Up to five years of his city time will count on the front end. Anything above five goes on the back.

It's a tough question to answer - only he can make the decision.

There is so much BS in the NYPD that I only hear about. We (MTAPD) hire a lot of city rollovers and they're all very happy after they come over. Most time that I heard a rollover having was 7 years and he was an academy instructor too.

And yes, he's staring at the bottom of the pay scale but there is usually more OT available than with NYPD and we don't have caps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7156 users online. 296 members and 6860 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X