300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Michigan

Hello, everyone. I'm in SW Michigan (Grand Rapids). I'm a day shy of 35, and after many years of searching and thinking, I finally decided with absolute certainly a couple of years ago that LE is what I should've been pursuing. Now I'm in the process of putting my information together, and looking for departments that will fit my needs. I'll be around, digging for info. Any help that gets me hired will be greatly appreciated. See you around!

Nice to meet you, my grandma lived in Portage so I'm familiar with the rough area.

It's a great field to work in, my only concern being your age. In Illinois, a lot of municipal departments cut applicants off at 35 though the County Sheriff's Offices do not. I don't know if Michigan has a similar MO?

Comment

I was given the impression that it's not an automatic disqualifier, though I'm sure it will be considered, and not in my favor. Not being the otherwise perfect candidate, I have an uphill journey ahead of me, I'm sure. I really do feel that police work is the perfect job for me, and that I would do a good job of it, so I intend to go for it and hope for the best.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11029 users online. 417 members and 10612 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X