Clear All

• from Texas

hello,
    I'm attending a community college academy this June and plan on
    applying to my local PD. I'm 24 and pursuing this goal I've had in my
    mind since I turned 18. I took the time to mature my attitude about
    life and policing in general. I hope to be an active member of
    these boards and let people know how my process is going. Thanks
    I like the way things are organized here.

Welcome to O.com. Lots of experience on here to learn from.

For TCLEOSE notes go to.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TXBasicAcademy/
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Just purchased the Texas Peace Officer course book for about 112.50. The class starts June 11th. It's 4 phases with the final test being the texas state exam.
      I took my first test I passed the video and the fill in the blank but I failed the practice police report. I think I panicked and ended up writing lot's of contractions and not in chronological order. My Test Proctor told me that a good report was a full page long. I wrote about a half page. I felt that quality was more important then quanity. I hope the Academy will teach me some more verbage so the second time i take the exam i'll pass.

Comment

I'm sure you'll do fine. FWIW, a proper police reports have all the facts and no innuendo. If you can do that in a half page then so be it.
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Hey! How you doin? I'm here in El Paso, too. I live right about where 54 and McCombs meet at, almost to Chaparral. Welcome to Officer.com!
          Last edited by pvtbuddie; 04-13-2007, 05:21 PM.
          lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

Hello from Indiana and welcome to the forum.
            Get Local Coupons
            Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

hi everybody thanks for the warm welcome. Also nice to know other people from el paso on this board. i'm thinking once i'm certified i can retest into the police department as a certified police trainee instead of just police trainee. that's the plan anyway. Right now the way i'm studying is just by reading through the chapters. has anyone found any way to help them with the penal code? I suppose just time and re-reading it are the only way.

Comment

Read my post above where I laid out the notes for you already.

Comment

Welcome from NC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4647 users online. 255 members and 4392 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X