300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there

I don't know who is still around. But Barkalot - if you're here dude, pm me. Just passed probation yesterday! I'm elated af. There is a God! I didn't want to "jinx" myself and come across braggy.

If anyone digs through old posts and wants to know what happened 10 years ago: I was on probation at the time, responded to a report of a drunk in public. It was a homeless regular (always F). Hooked him up, got his property. Another officer on the call gathered some of his property too: liquor. I realize liquor can't go with him to jail but I still wanted to book it into evidence for destruction to cover myself. The other officer (I was primary) began pouring the liquor out of the bottle onto the grass. I "confronted" him and said I realized my old department policy didn't require the liquor to be booked into evidence and hence, he was not violating policy by disposing of it. But, since I was primary, it was my call. He said, "Uh, you've worked here for like 2 weeks" and shrugged me off. (I had worked there a year) At the time, my sergeant seemed like a very down to earth guy and encouraged us to voice concerns. So I essentially said it wasn't smart thing what the other officer did (a 5 year veteran) because if the drunk were to make an accusation that an officer took his alcohol, we wouldn't have any way to prove that wasn't the case. The next day I was called in and you know what happened from there.

Fast forward to now, I'm here. I'm immensely grateful for my second chance. Thank you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5913 users online. 207 members and 5706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X