300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from MN - suppose I should be polite

and introduce myself. I seem to have just jumped in with both feet in a few forums.
    My name is Sonya.
    I'm a deputy sheriff for a metropolitan area in Minnesota, the only (I'm told) county in the state with no rural areas, so we are responsible for seven contract cities. The best of both worlds, one could suppose, a city cop with a county patch.
    I'm in my 13th year with the county. I spent several years working in the jail, a few in the courts, and am now happily patrolling.
    Pleased to make your acquaintance!

Welcome to the forum. You should check out the Minnesota forum.

Comment

Metro

A Metro agency really does simplify matters and can run like a well-oiled machine, providing that senior leadership is on the ball. Locally, there are some smaller municipal agencies that have difficulty handling their jurisdictions, but get angry when their residents plead to the county sheriff for patrols and service. The whole thing turns into an ego contest between agencies, which is a poor way to serve the community.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Going Loud.
        UCHM1 - I agree and have seen that issue played out. We have both situations - a large portion of the county is contract patrol, but there are several cities with independent police departments. For the most part, we have an amiable relationship with them, there are a couple, however, that would love to see the county disappear. Same kind of "my city, you can't be here" mentality that doesn't benefit anyone.

Comment

Are White Bear Lake and Maplewood acting up again?

Comment

Not gonna touch that with a 10 foot pole.
            The 800mhtz radios and new CAD/laptop system is making things interesting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5727 users online. 313 members and 5414 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X