300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspiring SF Bay Area LEO

Good Morning! I have been applying with local SF Bay Area law enforcement agencies for the past year or so. I regularly search this forum for useful information and decided to go ahead and join the forum in order to contribute whatever I can.

Cheers!

Honestly, my advice would be to look outside of California. But, good luck and welcome to the board .
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and your honesty is appreciated. I have a wife and 3 kids and have no plans on uprooting them. My wife is very supportive of my decision to transition into law enforcement, so I will reciprocate by making sure we stay in the place that we have all come to call home.

Do you feel this way because of local politics, cost of living, public attitude towards LE...all of the above? I'm born and raised here in Northern California so I'm used to the social/political atmosphere. The new use of force restrictions that the state legislature is thinking about putting into effect certainly could make local police work much more precarious. But all locales have their respective pro's and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by AmanSR View Post
        Good Morning! I have been applying with local SF Bay Area law enforcement agencies for the past year or so. I regularly search this forum for useful information and decided to go ahead and join the forum in order to contribute whatever I can.

Cheers!
        Welcome to O.com, Where are you in the applicant / testing processes?

The Bay area has a number of first-rate departments. When conducting agency due diligence consider including a meeting with an association/union officer or a board of directors member.

Yes all departments have pros and cons, when speaking to rank and file re their agencies, recognize whiners and blamers for what they are and take their complaining with a grain of salt.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Hi BT. I'm in backgrounds with Berkeley PD and ACSO. I should also hear soon if I made it into backgrounds with Oakland PD. I would be thrilled to work with any of these 3 departments.

While I've spoken to several active and former officers (or deputies) from all 3 of the departments, seeking out a union officer or board member is an interesting idea that has never crossed my mind. Thank you for the advice.

Comment

Sounds like you're doing things right. Good luck to you and welcome to the O.
            Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
            “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
            “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
            "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
            ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11480 users online. 483 members and 10997 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X