300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

I live in the Miami area, currently have a job as a pilot in the Florida Keys for a government contract. I have wanted to become a Police Officer my entire life.

I know my age (48) is a big setback, but I intend to pursue it anyway. I did go through the entire process for the Pembroke Pines Department a couple of years ago, but was not chosen. Currently applying at Miami-Dade and all of the local South Florida departments.

Do you think my age would be an automatic deterrent even if the departments cannot say that officially? I am in very good shape, have never been arrested, or had a traffic ticket since I was 19.

Thanks

AK

OK, never mind.

AK

Comment

Some departments have age restrictions which would automatically prevent you from being hired. At our department, the age restriction is 34, and it is actually enforced by our pension group. Not every department has age limits, so you might have to do some checking.
      Get Local Coupons
      Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

Thanks, the two I have checked here in South Florida, Pembroke Pines and Miami-Dade said they didn't....... but unoffically you never know...

AK

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3036 users online. 141 members and 2895 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X