Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighting for a spot in the academy (Ohio)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after passing the psych, I am still only up to the 12th alternate spot. Looks like it's not my time unfortunately. The academy starts in 14 days (the 27th)...I have until end of day August 7th for 12 people to drop. I'll be applying for the next class tomorrow when it opens up but continue to be on standby for this one.

Thanks for all of the advice. Just gonna grind through it again. I know there were a few things I could have done better in my interview, so I will improve there. I answered the questions really well, but it was my first panel style interview where people were sitting all over the room and I think I kind of flubbed that part of it. (hand shakes, looking at all parties, etc.) the panel interviews I had done previously they all sat in front of me in a group, this one they were spread all over the place. Live and learn though right? Maybe that's what did me in...maybe other candidates were just that much better than me...maybe they wanted to see if I was really committed and would reapply... (Asked me a ton of questions about why I'd wanna leave a 10 year career to be a cop and with 3 kids at home, how did it make sense) ... Whatever it was, I'll do a better job of assuring them I'm the guy for the job this time around.
    The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

• arobinson82
      arobinson82 commented
      Editing a comment
      were you going for the OSHP academy or the basic peace officer academy?

• Bauer
      Bauer commented
      Editing a comment
      I was in the UAPD process but dropped out. Wasn't the right time for my family and I to move. This was for a department near my home.

Well, I'm back for round 2. Last time I moved up to like the 5th alternate before my time ran out. Started background this week. (fitness test in the books)
    2nd times a charm!

Comment

Keep applying to other departments until you get hired.

Comment

• Bauer
        Bauer commented
        Editing a comment
        All of the departments in my region require a 2 year degree and your academy certification, other than the one I've applied to. I once applied to a department about 3 hours away, but ended up withdrawing because we just aren't in a situation as a family to be able to uproot right now. Hopefully things will work out with my hometown department!

Good luck. Are you working on that 2 year degree?

Comment

• Bauer
        Bauer commented
        Editing a comment
        Admittedly I am not. I have looked into a handful of times but never signed up.

It's that time! Background check came in good to go. Interview is next week. Class will be selected May 20th!

Comment

• J2H
        J2H commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!

Did you get in this time!

Comment

• Bauer
        Bauer commented
        Editing a comment
        They pushed the day back, today is the day calls go out. I'm about 3.5 hours into the day, nothing so far.

Last time I was the very last alternate selected and got the call around 3:00... we'll see what happens. I'm pacing around my office like an idiot. lol

Best of luck Bauer! I have faith you'll get selected this time around man! Keep us posted once you find out!

Comment

Update?! Anticipation

Comment

I got in! Start July 5th. (Contingent on passing psych, medical and fitness again)

Comment

Congrats Bauer, your persistence paid off man!

Comment

Congrats..............
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I was not hired my first 3 attempts so I became an online personal trainer. I made and continue to make good money doing that, but got hired on my 4th attempt haha. celebrating 8 years this month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11354 users online. 457 members and 10897 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X