Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Author from Italy

Hello to all,
    my name is Vittorio, Vic for friends, and I'm Italian. I am 30 years old and have always been fond of crime novels, detective stories and noir. My passion is a legacy of my father, born and raised in New Bedford (Massachusetts) but of Italian origin. I was born here in Italy, but unfortunately I have not yet had the chance to visit the United States ... but I will do it very soon!
    Among my favorite authors there is certainly Ed McBain and the stories of the 87th district.
    Over time I became a writer myself, for now only for pleasure, and unfortunately I'm not yet translated. I wrote a novel recently, a noir set in Louisiana, which I don't advertise for not going against the guidelines of the forum. To write it, I interviewed some local people, but I'm not satisfied with my work. The reason for my next trip will be this, and my presence on this forum is to learn as much as possible about the real police and urban environment procedures.
    I will ask my questions in the correct section, and if anyone wants to answer me I will be really grateful.
    Thanks to everyone and have a nice day!

Originally posted by Vic_Bottini View Post
    Hello to all,
    my name is Vittorio, Vic for friends, and I'm Italian. I am 30 years old and have always been fond of crime novels, detective stories and noir. My passion is a legacy of my father, born and raised in New Bedford (Massachusetts) but of Italian origin. I was born here in Italy, but unfortunately I have not yet had the chance to visit the United States ... but I will do it very soon!
    Among my favorite authors there is certainly Ed McBain and the stories of the 87th district.
    Over time I became a writer myself, for now only for pleasure, and unfortunately I'm not yet translated. I wrote a novel recently, a noir set in Louisiana, which I don't advertise for not going against the guidelines of the forum. To write it, I interviewed some local people, but I'm not satisfied with my work. The reason for my next trip will be this, and my presence on this forum is to learn as much as possible about the real police and urban environment procedures.
    I will ask my questions in the correct section, and if anyone wants to answer me I will be really grateful.
    Welcome to the site. I must advise you the context of your post should be placed in the section titled Writer's Block of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic_Bottini View Post
      Hello to all,
      Hi Vic. As a writer and LEO myself your projects sound interesting.

Comment

Welcome to the O
        Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
        “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
        “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
        "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
        ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post

Welcome to the site. I must advise you the context of your post should be placed in the section titled Writer's Block of this forum.
          I apologize, I thought I'd have to present here anyway. My English is not perfect, so sometimes I'm wrong to understand some things. Thanks for the welcome anyway.
          Should I move the topic myself? Do I have to copy and paste? Sorry but it's the first time I'm missing a section in a forum, and I do not know what to do.

Comment

• Langford PR
            Langford PR commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe that you are fine to leave it here but you should also participate in the writer's forum since your an author

Hi Vic,

Id suggest you also register on the Masscops forum. They are New England centric.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Ciao!
            I love the food over there.

PS- when you come here DO NOT eat at Olive Garden.
            American-ized Italian food at it's worst.
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

• Vic_Bottini
              Vic_Bottini commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, for your food advice. I have never eaten Americanized Italian food, but I am very curious. Many friends have not talked to me very well, but I am a person who has to try everything on his own skin!

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Hi Vic,

Id suggest you also register on the Masscops forum. They are New England centric.
            Thanks, I'll definitely take a look!

Comment

Make SURE you explain why you are there. Unlike here, they don’t put up with Clownshoes.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8661 users online. 342 members and 8319 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X