300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to everyone

Just a brief intro so you know who I am. I recently retired from my day job but am still a Search and Rescue volunteer with the County Sherriff Dept. and have been for 19 years. In addition to search duties we also work community events and countywide emergencies such as plane crashes, floods, forest fires etc. I love being outdoors and SAR allows me to be outside while helping others. We are sworn deputies but only for SAR related duties. We work closely with the State Police as well as local City Police whenever requested (which is often). The SAR team is lead by two full time Sheriff deputies from the Special Ops division.

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your retirement! Do you have any plans to stay in the full-time work force, or are you going to station yourself to a fishing boat, golf course, recliner, or the like?

Comment

All of the above...lol. Golf, fish, hunt, ride atv, shoot, pontoon, camping, travel and try to keep up on maintenance of a home and a hunting cabin. Tough job but I'll try to do it all.

Comment

Welcome to the O
        Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
        “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
        “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
        "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
        ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10626 users online. 496 members and 10130 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X