300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there!

Hello ladies and gentlemen! What a GREAT resource this site is. I am strongly debating a career change into Law Enforcement here in South Carolina, possibly the Highway Patrol. I have a few things I need to get in order first (becoming a US Citizen, currently in the process).

I was born in Germany and have lived here since I was 13, so, 18 years ago I moved here.

Still trying to to figure some things out on this site, I have yet to be able to find a way to Private Message and post replies anywhere (always says enter a valid URL) but I’m sure I’ll find my way around.

Thanks!!
    Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

You may need more posts first. I live in SC as well (getting ready to move back North), and applied to nearly every agency near the Midlands all for a "thanks but no thanks", so I applied and accepted an offer with the Feds in MD.
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
      You may need more posts first. I live in SC as well (getting ready to move back North), and applied to nearly every agency near the Midlands all for a "thanks but no thanks", so I applied and accepted an offer with the Feds in MD.
      Way too cold up there for my liking haha. Good luck to you!!!
      Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

• J2H
        J2H commented
        Editing a comment
        Believe me, I like the climate in the South better, but the money's better

If you have questions let me know! Welcome to the US brotha!

Comment

Originally posted by shortyj View Post
        If you have questions let me know! Welcome to the US brotha!
        thank you sir! Not that new to the good ole US of A. Have lived here 17 years at this point (moved here Nov 2000), just have not had the need to spend all this money for citizenship, until now. I’m Americanized.

Comment

buyanet, welcome to the forums, from your neighbor up north of ya. Best wishes on getting on with the patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post
            buyanet, welcome to the forums, from your neighbor up north of ya. Best wishes on getting on with the patrol.
            Thank you sir! I am definitely excited. I should have done my Citizenship years ago ..... then I wouldn't have to wait now, but you know, never had an overwhelming reason to pay all that money until now

Comment

Wow, I signed on here again ... 3 years and ~3 months later I can say I DID obtain my Citizenship in June of last year, and was just hired on with the SC Highway Patrol. It's like reading a letter from my younger self up there.

Comment

Congrats, brother.

Where in Germany are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                  Congrats, brother.

Where in Germany are you from?
                  I was born in Nurnberg, lived in that area until moving here.

Comment

Originally posted by buyanet View Post

I was born in Nurnberg, lived in that area until moving here.
                    My wife and I have spent months touring Europe, but I think that Munich (Munchen) was the closest we came to where you are from. We were there to pick up her new BMW Track Pack car at the factory, so we did Oktoberfest the night before.

We had a lot of fun in Germany...
                    Last edited by Aidokea; 03-03-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

My wife and I have spent months touring Europe, but I think that Munich (Munchen) was the closest we came to where you are from. We were there to pick up her new BMW Track Pack car at the factory, so we did Oktoberfest the night before.

We had a lot of fun in Germany...
                      Munich is nice man. Actually, all of Germany is beautiful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4909 users online. 269 members and 4640 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X