300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaydenE View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advice and I’ll follow it for sure. Another question brought me to the forum.
    my first job at Walmart I walked out of about 3 months in due to some workplace conflicts. Never done anything else negative/illegal in my life. Should I be worried about walking out of a job?
    As long as you have a good reason to have walked. They will look at your age and how long ago that was and your other work history. It all depends on your investigator as well. Some will take considerations and discus stuff with you, others will make decisions and DQ you on the spot because they see something they don't like. Be prepared to document what the conflict was. For example, I had an issue with a former boss and I am sure to detail the problems and two of my references were former co workers who know what happened at that job as well. Be sure though to now dwell on it. Your reasons for leaving should be legitimate but at the same time you need to have moved on from it. Your background is only as cut and dry as you make it, so don't leave your investigator to have to fill in the blanks themselves.

Comment

Thank you for the reassurance. I don't think it should be that big of a strike as it was my first job when I was 15 and had somewhat okay reasons with it that he'll have to take my word for . Other than that I've held steady jobs since then with my current one lasting for 4 years now. Never have touched any illegal substance or even have a speeding ticket to my name. I'm hoping they wont be super stringent

Comment

Thank you for the reassurance. I don't think it should be that big of a strike as it was my first job when I was 15 and had somewhat okay reasons with it that he'll have to take my word for . Other than that I've held steady jobs since then with my current one lasting for 4 years now. Never have touched any illegal substance or even have a speeding ticket to my name. I'm hoping they wont be super stringent
        Good luck. Just maintain what you are doing and keep the mindset that in everything you do may be called into question one day.
        My academy Sgt. gave me a great piece of advice, assume everything you do, even in private, was being recorded by camera. It helps keep you self aware

Comment

Just started having a new issue if anyone has any advice. In the academy we will be doing a lot of flutter kick exercises and I get really bad back pain when I do this. I’ve been trying to do Superman’s to strengthen my lower back so hopefully that helps. Anyone have had a similar experience or advice?

Comment

• jh85
            jh85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn’t worry about it too much right now. Just keep training. You’re looking at about 6 months before you would start the academy if you’re just now testing. Just finished up the process with LVMPD and got approved for hire, decided to take a position with Henderson PD instead. Good luck!

Do core exercises, situps, crunches, stuff to work your abs and lower back. That is what my physical therapist told me to do as I have a bad back (30% disability).
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          DA Security Guard, APG MD (GS-5 Step 06)

Comment

Just started having a new issue if anyone has any advice. In the academy we will be doing a lot of flutter kick exercises and I get really bad back pain when I do this. I’ve been trying to do Superman’s to strengthen my lower back so hopefully that helps. Anyone have had a similar experience or advice?
            Just worry about one step at a time. Get through the written, PFT an background first. Start compiling your references, addresses, work history. Don't over think it.

Comment

Will do for sure. I’ve always been one to plan before planning is really needed haha. Written test is tomorrow! Been looking over stuff all day. Anyone have any last minute advice? I’m for sure nervous but excited!

Comment

Just finished the written part. I’ll know by tonight if I’m accepted for the physical tomorrow. I feel pretty confident. Hardest part was the observational memory part. I tried a few techniques such as a mnemonic device. Worked decently. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Just finished the written part. I’ll know by tonight if I’m accepted for the physical tomorrow. I feel pretty confident. Hardest part was the observational memory part. I tried a few techniques such as a mnemonic device. Worked decently. Fingers crossed!
                  Good job, what test time did you go to? I was at the 0630. Good luck on your PFT tomorrow.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5000 users online. 231 members and 4769 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X