Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello,

I represent a midsize law enforcement agency in the Bakken oilfield of North Dakota. I'll be posting a job announcement in the appropriate forum later, but wanted to post an introduction here for the sake of propriety. Nice to meet you all!

Howdy.

When you say "I represent a midsize law enforcement agency in the Bakken oilfield of North Dakota" -

I'm curious - Is that a governmental agency or what?
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2015, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

godspeed with your recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
        Howdy.

When you say "I represent a midsize law enforcement agency in the Bakken oilfield of North Dakota" -

I'm curious - Is that a governmental agency or what?
        I'm guessing you're referring to the "Bakken Oilfield" part? It's a reference to a specific area of North Dakota- more specifically, the oil-rich SW region comprising mainly Wlliams, Dunn, McKenzie, Billings, and Stark counties. I'm recruiting for the Dunn County Sheriff's Office. We're a patrol only (no jail) LE agency. If you're interested let me know- I'm more than happy to answer any questions. We pay extremely well, benefits are unmatched, and our equipment and administration is outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by adb2016 View Post
          godspeed with your recruitment.
          Thank you! We're looking for outstanding applicants, feel free to apply

Comment

The good pay and benefits are tempting, but there's just one thing. It's cold up there! Welcome to the site thought!

Comment

That looks like a good gig. Family would never go for it.

Comment

Welcome to O.com. This sounds like a good opportunity for a single young man trying to get into law enforcement. Is your agency busy? Does the administration let you be the police?

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                  Welcome to O.com. This sounds like a good opportunity for a single young man trying to get into law enforcement. Is your agency busy? Does the administration let you be the police?

It is a great opportunity! I was a lateral, but our last hire we had to send through the academy. We serve a county that is roughly 2,200 square miles and and is in the middle of the Bakken oilfield of North Dakota so yes, we are busy, though the summers tend to be busier than the winters. It reached its peak in 2013/2014 then slowed, but it is picking back up fast. It's not hard to get a DUI in the day or night, and meth and marijuana are plentiful. Our narcotics task force stays busy and our regional SWAT team answers an average of one call per month.

As far as our administration goes, I cannot say enough good things about them. Does our administration let us "be the police?" Absolutely. You will never suffer repercussion for doing police work; you are free to be as aggressive toward crime as you please. Our command staff supports us in every way- we have the best and newest equipment available, top pay and benefits, and we couldn't ask for a better schedule- you could take a 9 day vacation each month by using only two days of paid leave if you wished.

They are very good about honoring vacation/shift swap requests, and we don't have a single CPL, SGT, or higher that will nitpick your work as long as your ethics and policy adherence are in line. I have never had a training request denied without a solid reason, and our administration encourages everyone to seek career advancement insofar as joining specialized teams/units and learning new skills.

Moreover, we report directly to our squad supervisors and we have zero local politics at play in our work, by policy. We enjoy a very high level of community support because they know we are on the streets going hard after crime. As a bonus, LE in ND also enjoys the same support from the state government and residents in general. You can drive to cities hundreds of miles apart and it is not uncommon to see a thin blue line billboard or a few pro-police signs. The state legislature is also preparing to pass a bill giving officers a 25% tuition discount at universities statewide, and just last month a grant expired that gave public safety personnel a $500/month housing assistance check.

Here's the announcement. Applicants are required to pass two panel interviews, a rigorous background investigation, criminal history check, drug screen, medical exam, and psychological examination.

THE DUNN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ONE REGULAR, FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT SHERIFF’S DEPUTY WHICH WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FILLED. THE DUNN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IS A PROGRESSIVE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SERVING AN INCREASINGLY BUSY, DIVERSE AND EVER GROWING COUNTY. THE DUNN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IS A CERTIFIED ORGANIZATION THROUGH THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ETHICS. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO LICENSED PEACE OFFICERS AND MILITARY VETERANS. COUNTY PROVIDED EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: NORTH DAKOTA LAW ENFORCEMENT RETIREMENT SYSTEM: COUNTY PAYS 100% OF EMPLOYEE AND EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS: 2017 TOTAL IS 16.45%; MEDICAL INSURANCE: COUNTY PAYS 100% OF PLAN FOR EMPLOYEE, SPOUSE AND DEPENDENTS. ALL EQUIPMENT, UNIFORMS AND TAKE HOME PATROL VEHICLE PROVIDED. THE WORK SCHEDULE CONSISTS OF 12 HOUR SHIFTS AND 24 HOUR COVERAGE. PATROL DEPUTIES WORK 5 DAYS ON, 2 DAYS OFF, 2 DAYS ON, 5 DAYS OFF WITH EVERY OTHER WEEKEND BEING A 5 DAY OFF WEEKEND. THERE IS A ONE YEAR PROBATIONARY PERIOD AND NEWLY HIRED DEPUTIES MUST COMPLETE OUR 14 WEEK FIELD TRAINING AND EVALUATION PROGRAM. STARTING YEARLY INCOME IS $61,214.40 WITH OVERTIME OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE. DUNN COUNTY APPLICATIONS CAN BE FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE: DUNNCOUNTYND.ORG. PLEASE SEND AN APPLICATION, RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO DUNN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE, 205 OWENS STREET, MANNING, ND 58642. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING (701) 573-4449.

Feel free to ask any more questions or PM me.
                  Last edited by DCSOND; 03-31-2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard, and happy hunting!
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                    Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8888 users online. 391 members and 8497 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X